30 years of redistribution of wealth, to the wealthy...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Nov 28, 2010.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

Yeah right, the rich "stole" money from the middle class. :rolleyes:

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No- they just don't want to pay people what they're worth, and keep demanding more work for less money.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

64 percent of all national income growth since 1979 has gone to the top 10 percent.

You were told that wealth trickles down, that if the rich were rewarded that jobs would be created, that tax cuts would pay for themselves in increased revenue... none of which have been shown to be true.

6. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

to be far some of this mess was created by Clinton as well. Clinton really help kick off the ticking time bomb. Of course Bush did nothing to help it and made it worse.

I have said it before. Record profits and layoff should not go in the same sentence yet so many companies showed record profits and huge amounts of lay offs. To me that should be some HUGE red flags.

7. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I think you're talking about a 'relative change in the distribution of wealth'... not the 'redistribution of wealth' which is what government does... takes money from some people and gives it to other people thus redistributing it.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, well none of my relatives got the wealth distributed to them, either.

9. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Re-distribution, the middle class has less money now than they did 20 years ago. The upper class has MUCH more money now than they did 20 years ago.

The money in this country has been re-distributed to the top 1% of people.

So logically we should abolish the minimum wage and implement a flat tax...

10. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You're really going to have to elaborate on this one.

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Is someone desperately anxious about the possibility of losing control of a precious buzzword? Time to go to the thesaurus to try to come up with catchy new cliché fodder.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

But buzzwords and a poor understanding of history directly tied to an ideology is all he's got! What will he do when it is challenged?

Tune in next post to find out!

*Pulls out the popcorn*

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Pick up your weapon and move along: think outside the barrel.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I was thinking the usual response, the 3D approach:

DEFLECT!
    DEFLECT!
    DEFLECT!

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Its much easier to obtain more wealth when you are wealthy. In the past years the tools and opportunities to invest and make gains on your money have increased substantially. Whereas the poor have very little disposable income to invest so its not much of a surprise that the wealthy get more wealth and the poor do not.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The government doesn't hand the wealthy people money, you seem to be confused on the concept of redistribution. Saying that the government not taking a fair share of the rich's money would not even be considered redistribution, they earned their money. Taking money from one person and giving it to another is redistributing the wealth. Letting someone keep their own money is not.

Also the rich individuals pay a lot more into the system than poor do and they receive very little in benefits in comparison, hell even the middle class gets the shaft for most government programs, the poor are the ones reaping all the benefits and paying very little into the system.

17. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Have you learned to stop beating your wife? :rolleyes:

Is it possible to actually have a real discussion with you, ever, or do you always just resort to hyperbole and hypotheticals to explain things away?

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I am just curious why the middle class and poor feel entitled to the rich's belongings. It certainly isn't reciprocal, you've done nothing to earn the rich's money, yet you want it. The rich provide the least burden on the government, they are self sustaining, yet we want to take the most from them because they have the most. In any other facet of life this is considered "getting the shaft", but for some reason when it comes to government its considered fair.

I am kind of wondering if any of the liberals have had roommates that were richer, did they ask for more rent in comparison and pay less?

21. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Statistically you are wrong on your assumption
    So I pose the same question to you...
    If you look at the statistics the rich have been taking more and more of what others have and have been paying less and less for it...

22. IntelliUser macrumors 6502

The % of the overall wealth the rich possess is completely irrelevant. The truth is it does not affect the rest of the population. The riches' income has increased over the last years, everyone else's has remained stagnant. Overall the US is still in the top 10 countries when it comes to income.

But anger and jealousy is not a reason to want the government to steal the riches' money and "redistribute" it to everyone else when they're already paying more than anybody else in taxes and providing jobs.

You don't own that money. It's not yours. You cannot take a bath of money. Get over it.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The rich have been earning more, what claim do you have to that money? For all fairness, none. If I provide you with a job at minimum wage are you better or worse off than having no job at all? Am I cheating you at this point? What if I shipped the job overseas where I can get it done even cheaper? Do you still feel cheated?

25. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Yes, let them eat cake while watching a movie on their satellite TV, in their comparably large air-conditioned home. Cake which they picked up by driving their car to the local grocery store and which they warmed up in their microwave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link

Context is important, people. Liberals want to talk about DISTRIBUTION (not RE-distribution which is a misnomer) of wealth, while conservatives (more intelligently and morally) concentrate on QUALITY of LIFE. Capitalism and relative free markets have resulted in the single wealthiest, healthiest, and most secure populist in world history. And yet... look at what all of the liberals spend their time attacking: The American model. Freedom, liberty, free markets, capitalism. You think they'd have something better to do with their time like trying to get other countries to mirror our success, like trying to pull people out of REAL poverty and squalor with industry and capitalism. Naw, ridiculous!