$300 Gift Card Through Target for All iPhone 7's Starting This Sunday. This Can Be Stacked With BOGO

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecore762, Mar 21, 2017.

1. thecore762 macrumors regular

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

3. LoliS macrumors regular

No, carrier financed DPP only through Verizon, Sprint or AT&T.

4. iphonehype macrumors 6502

How comes Americans get all these deals! We get nothing in the UK grabbing a free third party case is nearly impossible let alone a voucher!

5. the caveman macrumors 6502

Target is the best big box retailer and a true blessing for the US.

6. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

For AT&T, is this only with Next? Can this be used with the grandfathered Unlimited plan to replace an iPhone 6? I'm fine waiting for the "8", but my wife is getting impatient from the video play bug. (She has to reboot her phone every day or so for videos to play properly. I get it as well, but much more infrequently.)

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Yes, you can use Next with the grandfathered unlimited plan.

8. clairmyk macrumors member

clairmyk

Make sure the target employee gets it right. I bought an iPhone 7 plus from them after being told I would get a $150 giftcard by THREE different employees only to go home and find out it was a $50 giftcard. Went back the next day and the manager says that the $150 giftcard is only for Verizon upgrades. I'm on ATT which the employee obviously knew because I was upgrading. And they couldn't give me another giftcard to reflect what I had been told. I should have returned the phone but it was such a hassle cos I did it through ATT next.

Perhaps this is a bigger incentive

Tl;dr: check the value of the giftcard IN STORE

9. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Ok; I am confused. Isnt the ATT offer only through them; how is this stackable?

10. LaloG macrumors member

11. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

AT&T's BOGO offer is automatic on the AT&T billing end, while this is a Target promotion. You get both benefits, so they're stackable in that sense.

12. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Thanks - can both lines be an upgrade for the ATT promo; or does one of the lines have to be new?

13. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Would you rather pay what carriers charge here? lol I'd take the trade off any day

14. LoliS macrumors regular

You get free healthcare, isn't that enough? Lol!

You pay a lot less for your cell phone service but more for your phones. It probably all evens out in the end.

15. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

At least one of the lines has to be a new line. And if you cancel it before your 24 or 30 months of the Next installment are up, you'll stop getting the monthly credits that end up making the phone (or at least the $650 model) free.

16. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Perfect - so two more questions.

1. Does this BOGO only apply to the basic model?
    2. Anyone confirmed with AT&T if this applies if buying through non-ATT vendors?

17. jent macrumors 6502a

jent

The Target $300 promotion thread linked to in this post has been deleted, so who knows if that will come through.

The BOGO applies to any iPhone 7 model, but you only get reimbursed $650 (the cost of the 32GB iPhone 7 regular) over the 24- or 30-month Next installment plan period. So if you get the $750 iPhone 7 128GB through Next, the BOGO bill credits will only ever total $650, meaning you will have paid $100 for the phone.

The BOGO applies through third-party vendors. From what I understand, the AT&T billing system just checks to see if the qualifying factors have occurred (two Next installment plans added before April 1st with at least one being a new line, with the phone models being appropriate) and then applies it after a few billing cycles. But third parties should have wording themselves to alert their customers to this promotion.

18. LoliS macrumors regular

It is $650 bill credit over 24 or 30 months. Doesn't matter which device you buy as long as it is an iP7/7+.

You forfeit any remaining bill credits if you terminate either of the lines before the NEXT contract is paid off. If you pay off the NEXT contract early or do an early upgrade, you also forfeit any remaining bill credits.

To get the full $650 in bill credits, both lines must remain active for the duration of the NEXT contract and you can't pay off the NEXT contract early or do an early upgrade.

19. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Was going to say my target only says 100 dollar gift card.

20. LoliS macrumors regular

$300 gift card doesn't start until Sunday.

21. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Ah Alright, I'm an idiot! lol

22. vince2398 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the Target iPhone 7 Plus are unlocked or can be unlocked? I am planning to get it activated on AT&T then unlock it for international use. Any help is appreciated.

23. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

The only ones that come unlocked are the Verizon phones.
    The only way to get it unlocked is to have the rep let you enter a different sim to unlock it, but most store reps would deny you that.

24. psylence2k macrumors 6502

If you pay off the the whole next plan amount and then put the unlock request in then they should unlock it.

25. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't he have to wait at least 2 billing cycles in order for him to do that?