iPhone 30gb of other after deleting a music playlist.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by yegon, Jan 12, 2015.

1. yegon, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015

yegon macrumors 68020

EDIT: FIXED! Did a second restore and this time there's no other, thank goodness :)

Can't rid my 6 Plus of the dreaded "other". I deleted a 30gb playlist, it finished syncing, but ever since it has 30gb of "other".

Tried erasing all content and restoring from backup, but the backup brings the same amount of "other" back with it.

I fear that I may have to do a clean install and setup everything completely afresh, but I REALLY don't want to have to do that :(

Any suggestions?

2. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

please do not flame me

this is a bug with iTunes match

your iTunes match is on

please turn off iTunes match

delete the music library on the phone manually, it is still there

turn iTunes match back on

if you do not subscribe to iTunes match then i am wrong, but i don't think so

there are several other threads describing your problem and it being the fault of iTunes match

when you have a lot of music and you turn on iTunes match, sometimes it goes to other instead of actually being deleted, like iTunes match says it is doing

oh i see you fixed it, ok good

3. yegon, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015

yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the response, but I've never used iTunes match.

I've since edited my post, I did a second restore and it was finally free of the other, thank goodness. No idea why it took two identical procedures, just happy it's sorted.

4. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Perhaps your iMessage saved data?

5. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

It had to be directly linked to that 30gb music playlist. I deleted it, then the exact same size as the playlist, 30gb, became other.

Anyway, all sorted now.