32 GB 9.7 Pro who has run out of Space ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheRealAlex, Apr 24, 2016.

1. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

So far I have 14GB left I have everything I could need music and Video wise and Apps. Mostly everything is streaming and the WiFi is perfect with 802.11AC at 5Ghz I strickly limit all my devices to this. When I am out and about the new LTE Radio gets great reception.

I really thought I'd be low on space now But I am not. Vain Glory takes up 2GB just by itself may delete that game.

2. maclancer macrumors regular

That's why 64gb is the ideal storage if you are like me that download a lot of multimedia stuff.

3. SoYoung macrumors 6502

128GB is the best choice for me. I prefer download my iTunes TV series purchase since I had a storage bug if I stream the videos from the video app (it was like that on iOS 7, dont know if its fixed) and I have the Wi fi model so I prefer to have my current TV show available at all time. Plus, I'm not the kind of guy who upgrade every year so for me, its the no brainer choice for the long run.

I have the 12,9 iPad Pro btw, and its my primary device (99% replaced my PC)

4. LCPepper macrumors regular

LCPepper

I haven't had a problem so far. I don't keep music on here, that's all on my iPhone, and I use iCloud photo to store everything and have it optimised on here...

I don't use my iPad for anything more than work and productivity, and some sketching with the AMAZING Apple Pencil.

5. DNichter macrumors 68020

DNichter

No issues here, I figured 32GB would be fine and it has been. I don't store any music, photos, or videos on my iPad though. Everything is streamed or stored in the cloud. I don't see myself needing a ton of storage on any of my devices in the future. Hoping iOS 10 can potentially help me going iPad and iPhone only for my computing needs.

6. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I came from a 32gb iPad mini 2 model which was down to like 1-2 gb of free space, so there was no way I could settle on the 32gb iPad Pro. Out of the box, I already have over 8gb of photos, I sync my dropbox account to Documents, plus a myriad of productivity apps. Office alone uses up a few gb already.

Then there will be times when I might need that extra space for stuff like recording video and editing it in Vee or iMovie. Regardless, it's nice not having to worry about running out of space in the near future with the 128gb model, even if I never end up using that much.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

I've got 80GB free, out of 256. Hell, my photos alone are at 35GB and they're not even done downloading. :)

8. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

32 GB would be gone within 10 minutes of my owning an iPad.

9. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Same here. I have 15.9gb available after everything is said and done. I am a cloud based user. I don't purchase or store music, movies, or shows. Spotify, Netflix, and Hulu are my friends.

10. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

No issues with space. No music stored, with a couple of TV episodes and a couple of movies. Very few apps other than the essentials. Photo's are stored in the cloud.

I did order a 128GB originally, but after looking any my old iPad storage 32GB would have been fine. So I returned the 128GB and exchanged it for the 32GB model.

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

When I fly, I like to have a choice of downloaded movies and tv shows to watch since I obviously can't use cellular and the wifi is generally expensive or non-existent on a plane. I never know what I'm going to be in the mood for so I like to load it up and not have to worry about space. I also like to have all my music on it. Even so, the 256GB model I got might have been overkill.

12. Kiezpirat80 macrumors 6502

Kiezpirat80

I have 20gb left on my 32gb ipad pro 9.7. I have many apps installed and 2 games, including hearthstone. All my Media is in the Cloud (Google photos, Google music, netflix, amazon Video...). So everything is Fine :)

13. sbbrown333 macrumors member

I'm debating on which model to purchase. The $150 difference is a lot but I feel like long term I will need more than 32GB. My iPhone 6s Plus is 64GB and I only have about 12GB free on it.

14. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

I've been fine with 16gb on all devices. I now have a pretty empty iPP. 20gb free with everything in.

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

256 would have been ideal for me.
    The price Best Buy and staples had drive me to the 128z
    32 wasn't event a consideration.
    The 32 ipp is the 16 of the iPhone.
    No thank you.

When the next 12.9 is released I will have LTE/256 model

16. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

Already using 40 Gb out of my 128Gb, photos, video, and apps. I wish there had been a 64Gb version, that would have been sufficient -- my Air 2 was 64 Gb.

17. TheRealAlex thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll go 64GB in 2 year when 64GB and 4GB RAM are the base line.

But as we transition our society to 5G LTE streaming everything will be the norm and 32GB will be enough because nothing but Apps will be Stored on the device

I already have my Tickets reserved for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Hotel too and One of the main features promised to the IOC by Tokyo was that there would 5G LTE Data everywhere.

18. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

4G LTE in Tokyo is already amazing (I usually get 20-30Mbps, walking down the street) but again, you're not always going to be in places with a good network. Also, the speed is great but data plans here are capped at 7GB/month, which makes streaming everything incredibly impractical. I will always prefer the peace of mind of having things saved locally on my device, but then again I'm often in situations where I either don't have a good connection or it's ridiculously expensive (int'l roaming, int'l flights, etc).

19. lobridge macrumors newbie

lobridge

I use mine for work and streaming. I have the 32gb and have about half free with all mu necessary content loaded.

20. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I have 14.5 GB available on mine. I don't download music and rent instead of buy movies. I don't put very many photos on my iPad. Photos are on my computer and iPhone. I don't think I'll have any problem with 32 GB. It would have been a waste of money to get more.

21. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

I went for the 32GB model, and don't regret it in the least. I have about 10GB free, and that's with loads of games using 2-3GB each installed. If I really pared it down, I'd have more space than I'd ever need.

22. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I had 50GB used on my old Air so there was no way 32 would work - I went for 128 this time.

23. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

My iCloud Photo Library ended up being 125GB, so it was good that I got the 256. Not having to wait for pictures and videos to load is so nice!!

24. Mr.C macrumors 601

I am exactly the same. I like having all my media and apps on my iPad. There are times one doesn't have access to a cellular or wi-if network like on a plane or a subway. I never know what I'm going to be in the mood for. You can't rely on cloud services.

25. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

My main problem is how iCloud works, it wants to make everything local and it's very hard to tell if you delete it locally, will it delete it from the Cloud? Also the non ability to do anything remotely from it like edit pictures and stuff sucks. Other platforms have figured these things out, I used to use Drive all the time from my old Android and it lets you do all that from the cloud. Also Drive works as the Cloud is the master, no need to store anything locally at any point!