32gb 4s with 15gb icloud storage, still full, help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Aug 15, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I have a 32gb iphone 4s with 15gb icloud storage and seems like in itunes it says OTHER takes up 7gb what is that? as far icloud my camera roll has 1800 pictures totaling a camera roll of 9gb and says the next backup is 15gb how is that if all the apps listed are like 65mb and so on, where is all this stuff?

Is the only real solution to delete all my pictures on the phone? whats the point of having a 32gb phone if icloud is doing this?

2. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

You can have saved memory on some apps, and also you might not be noticing the amount of apps you're downloading on the device itself. Check in iTunes when you have your iPhone plugged in to see how it chops down your 32GB's, that should give you a better idea of what you're using up.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Wow.

I have 4 devices (32GB iPad, 32GB iPhones 4s, 16GB iPhone 4 and 8GB iPod Touch) all backing up to the same free 5GB iCloud account.

You can go into the settings, and manage what exactly you back up.

I turn off camera roll on all devices, because photo stream takes care of that for me.

4. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

If there is no real reason for all of your 1800 pictures to be in your camera roll, move them to a folder on you computer and then sync that folder to your phone via iTunes. That will free up 9+GB's.

I know there is a way to free up the "other". I have seen it posted in here before. Try doing a search. If I find it, or something about it, I will post it for you. :D