All iPads 32GB iPad Mini Retina or iPad Air 16GB? How many

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DBZmusicboy01, Jan 23, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

games will the 16GB hold?
    Like lets say GTA vice city and San Andreas and Real Racing 3 and Asphalt 8 and a FPS game like the space suit guy. ?
    Wondering
    and I will have about 500MB worth of Music and maybe zero movies to put. Might take some pictures/videos with the iPad.
    Just wondering which one will be more future proof. Not very sure how many games it would hold. I am planning on keeping it for at least 2 years. I don't want to delete any apps. Thanks for the help.

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

both are equally future-proof as they have the same internals. if you are worried about space get the retina mini 32gb.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Why not do the math yourself, and then make an informed decision, instead of asking strangers?

4. knguye11 macrumors newbie

knguye11

5. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I don't have experience with ipad storage requirements but if anyone on here has experience with the amount of apps that can fit on their ipad based on storage space it will be helpful for me to know how many apps I can have.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It depends on what apps are loaded.

Look at the App Store for the current games you would install. Leave room for music and photos, and then add up the approximate total space.

If you get a 16gb product, you will have about 12 gigs of user storage. If your total for apps, photos and music is close to 12gb, get what your budget affords you.

These are the kinds of questions that only you can answer for yourself.

7. unibility macrumors 6502

I have both the retina mini in 128GB and iPad 4 in 128GB. I do favor the mini over the full size iPad but in terms of how much apps. can be stored is really based on size. Some apps. maybe 5MB to 2GB. Then you add email, music, videos, etc and they can add up quick.

Normally I go with the largest you can afford since there is not an option to expand the internal storage space. :D

8. j0nblayz macrumors member

j0nblayz

I was trying to decide between those 2 last week. I ended up just getting a 32gb ipad air :)

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

In terms of raw space, 16gb will generally store 16 1gb games.
    Or 32 500mb games
    Or 64 250mb games.
    Or 128 125mb games.

This is so fun.

10. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

11. Tigerstyles macrumors newbie

you will soon fill it up so get the 32gb

I made the mistake of being a cheapskate on the iphone 5 16gb its always full