32gb iPhone or 16gb iPhone w/iTunes Match?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bdavis89, Oct 5, 2012.

1. bdavis89 macrumors regular

I was going to get a 32gb iPhone 5 in order to hold all my music (about 17gb), but iTunes match at $50 over the two year contract would obviously be cheaper than $100 more for an extra 16gb in the phone. If I go for the 16gb, the only music will be whatever the Match downloads when I play music, so it would essentially be free for apps, photos, etc.

Has anyone else done this?

2. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

Depends on your data plan. If you have capped data I would get as much storage on my phone as I can and keep stuff I listen to or view on the phone and limit my streaming. Even if you have unlimited data I like to keep as much as I can on my phone for times I am in limited coverage areas.

3. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

No and I wouldn't. For three reasons:
    1. You're likely to burn through data a lot faster than you think;
    2. You're going to have to rely on having a carrier signal whenever and wherever you listen to music; and
    3. You'll be relying on iTunes Match, a service that many have found to be wonky at best.
    I'm sure opinions vary on the last point but personally, I think you'd be better served having the on-phone storage.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Unless you can guarantee that you will always have access to WiFi, go for the 32. $50 over two years is nothing.