Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
32GB WiFi iPad 3 or 16BG WiFi iPad 4 for Photo Retouching? The 32 GB storage is a plus, but the MUCH faster processor, lightning connector and future proof of iPad 4 is tempting too. As photo retouching apps advance and need more horsepower the iPad 4 will deliver, just don't want to run out of space with 16GB. Which one would you recommend for Photo Retouching?

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
32GB WiFi iPad 3 or 16BG WiFi iPad 4 for Photo Retouching? The 32 GB storage is a plus, but the MUCH faster processor, lightning connector and future proof of iPad 4 is tempting too. As photo retouching apps advance and need more horsepower the iPad 4 will deliver, just don't want to run out of space with 16GB. Which one would you recommend for Photo Retouching?

I would go with the iPad 4, better GPU and more future proof than the iPad 3 thus saving money in the long run.

A friend of mine uses a USB dongle / Card reader with her iPad to back up future projects and stores current projects on her iPad.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Right...but I want to do it on my iPad...

There is really no great photo editing software except if you like filtering out your photos such as snapseed and camera+...i don't use instagram, so I can't comment.

The ipad 2/mini is even fine. The ipad 4 will give you more speed (slightly) than the ipad 2/mini but I don't think you need to worry about storage space unless you plan on carrying alot of images and/or video.

I think the sweet spot is 32GB ipad 3. If you want to have a bit more speed and power, get the 16GB iPad 4. Even better, spend another $100 and get 32GB ipad 4!

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
If you will use the cloud to store your pics, get the iPad 4. Otherwise, go for the 3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.