331 Republican and Democrat mayors defy Trump, pledge to uphold Paris Accord

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Jun 26, 2017.

1. zin macrumors 6502

Great, if they want to contribute billions to the Green Climate Fund, more power to them!

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

AWESOME. Problem solved. No need to do any more. :D

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Here's the problem. Contrary to many other's beliefs, it is still the Government that is upholding the accords. And there isn't a damn thing Trump can do about it.

BL.

4. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

I'm doing my part by switching to methane for all my power needs. The bean diet has been a bit rough on the stomach, but the drastic reduction in my carbon footprint is worth it.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Methane is worse. It's a greenhouse gas, and its effect could turn this planet into another Venus. So if you want us to bake at nearly 900F, by all means, let your flatulence be your guide.

BL.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

We don't have enough fossil fuels on the planet earth to turn it into Venus via CO2. You are going to be waiting about a billion years for that occurrence. In the meantime we can kill ourselves with cancer by inhaling pollution everyday.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2017 ---
    China is going to love this.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Good. Let them send the money :D

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Okay. Because it would be the money the federal government gives to the cities that the cities would in turn send to uphold the accords.

BL.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Have at it. , send it all :D

10. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Then the cities can enjoy explaining to their constituents why they have money for cheese eating surrender monkeys but not free college, housing assistance, school budgets, single payer... Good luck with that discussion.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Thank you :D

12. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

They can find the money if the disband the police in those cities. Climate change can not be prevented, any money we spend to cope with climate change should be spent in our economy, not given to others. I don't know why so many people want to give money to other countries for climate change. giving money to others, will only make it worse.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Which all of that comes from the federal government as well, and none of it going directly to the cities. Thank you, Title IX.

BL.

14. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I know you are trying to make a joke with the second part of the post, but this is just so ignorant.