350€ off mid 2014 base 15" rMBP - Good deal or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LMD75, Feb 24, 2015.

1. LMD75, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

LMD75 macrumors 6502

Is this a complete bargain for a brand new item (with 20 months interest free credit) from a store or would I better off be waiting to the Summer for the refresh?

Base model is 1699€ (normally 2049€) and dGPU version is 2495€.

I don't need the dedicated GPU and my only concern is the 256GB SSD although I do have a USB 3.0 2TB drive.

However at that price it seems a bargain and I am anticipating that the 2015 model will have a more power efficient processor with better integrated graphics and updated ports.

However if I took the plunge on buying this and the 2015 model had a complete redesign with a 512GB SSD for the base model then I would be disappointed.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Doubt the ports will be changed....

As is usual with apple you take your chances whatever you do. Their secrecy means that it is lottery, you could wait and find that the new ones have nothing you want and are a lot more expensive. Or they could be exactly what you want no way to tell, there are always a lot of leaks and rumours but until the new machines arrive no one really knows. I always think that if you are conservative about your expectations they are far more likely to be right, I would expect broadwell and not a lot else on the new pros.....