39% of Republicans think Benghazi is the Worst Scandal in US History

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, May 15, 2013.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

But still can't find it on a map.

Its one thing to not know where a particular city is.. Without Googling, I wonder how many people could accurately place Reykjavik; Luanda; or Jakarta. But its another thing, entirely, based upon such fundamentally sketchy knowledge to come to such an absurd conclusion.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

These are the 39% that get their information from Fox News and are not smart enough to further educate themselves.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I guess that knocks Nixon's little minor dust up off the number one spot in the mind of the Republican Party. Considering he was the only President ever to resign the office in the history of the country, I'd say he still had a good grip on first place when it comes to political scandals.:D

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Feel-good liberal foolishness!

Knowin' that Bengazi is somewheres in the Old Country ought to be close enough to count for somethin'!

5. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Nixon resigned because fellow Republicans were outraged by his misbehavior and would have voted for impeachment. Contrast that principled attitude with the Clinton impeachment where all Democrats voted in lock-step to save his butt even though he lied under oath.

6. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

Wat? All this time I thought Benghazi was a sushi roll.

7. quagmire, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Know why I don't care that Clinton wasn't kicked out? It's because he lied about an affair.... He didn't overstep his responsibilities as president, he didn't do anything unconstitutional, etc. The GOP impeached him because he lied about getting a freaking BJ in the White House. That was a circus.....

8. AhmedFaisal, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  9. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

That's the story that Liberals and Democrats tell themselves to make it easier to accept having sold their principles to maintain political power.

The truth is that Clinton tried to cheat to keep Paula Jones from getting a fair day in court.

Wikipedia

----------

I see. So your outrage about breaking the law to "manipulate an election" will no doubt extend toward our Dear President who set his IRS dogs on Conservatives organizations to help ensure his election. Not to mention lying to the American public about what actually happened in Benghazi.

Your impartiality is awesome....just awesome.

10. AhmedFaisal, May 15, 2013
  11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

... over getting a blow job.

:rolleyes:

12. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Ahem.

The truth is that Clinton tried to cheat to keep Paula Jones from getting a fair day in court.

Wikipedia

13. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Didn't say Clinton was a good person or anything like that. But, the impeachment wasn't over him sexually assaulting her. It was him lying over getting the blowjob. The guy is dirt, but it was a circus to impeach him over it.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

No, it was about him committing perjury and suborning perjury to prevent Paula Jones from having a fair day in court. He LIED so she couldn't win against him. If it hadn't been for a semen stained dress, he'd have gotten away with it.

And then he got away with it anyway because the Democrat party sold its soul to keep him in office.

15. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

He lied about something that has nothing to do with the power of the president. He didn't abuse his power as president, etc. He lied about being an idiotic cheating, sex hound bastard. It makes him a horrible man, but it's not something to be impeached over...... Where Nixon's offense was something to be impeached over.....

16. AhmedFaisal, May 15, 2013
  17. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

He got state troopers to bring a state government worker to his hotel room so she could service him sexually.

You don't think that's an abuse of power?

18. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

the title is slightly incorrect. According to the link it is 41% who think that. the 39% is the fraction of the 41 who doesn't know where benghazi is.

i would be interested to know how many of the 41% are also creationists. I would venture there is an elevated overlap, which is pretty much all you need to know about it.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

With that, let's go over impeachments, shall we?

There have only been 3 in the history of this country: Clinton, whom he was impeached for lying about affairs, and yes, nothing at all to do with how he presided over this country. Absolutely NOTHING.

We've had Nixon, whom he and his staff broke into and spied upon his political adversaries at their headquarters. Definitely an impeachable offense.

And we had Andrew Johnson, who violated the Tenure of Office Act, dismissed many of people from their elected or appointed offices, and questioned the legitimacy of Congress after interfering with their efforts for Reconstruction.

So let's see.. break in to an opposing party's offices by the President's administration, interfering in the actions of Congress and violating laws passed by Congress, or lying about an extramarital affair..

[Sesame Street]
    One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong...
    [/Sesame Street]

:confused: :rolleyes:

BL.

20. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Am guessing that poll was taken before the IRS debacle was uncovered.

21. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

In a perfect world, the book, Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong, by James W. Loewen, would be the history book used in every public school in America, but you know what they say about "a perfect world"...

22. Shrink, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

And I say ***k Clinton and the horse he rode in on, too.

Sorry to be cynical, but this Republican vs Democrat thing is, to me, a gigantic bore.

Now get this for a truly cynical and sweeping generalization...I generally consider politicians only a notch or two above child molesters on a scale of scumbags.

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Where did you get the idea that the IRS is an independent agency? It's a part of the Department of the Treasury. Obama appoints its commissioner.

24. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I heard 40% of Republicans think Jesus rode a unicorn while he was jousting Muhammad, who happened to be riding a dinosaur.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

About as minor of one as can be imagined.

Please try to maintain some perspective.