Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
I saw this on TechTv.com while reading the iPod review.

I can't view the movie though, cause Quicktime and Real aren't suppported anymore, only Windows Media Player(Do not download WM player, it screws up your computer and dumps lots of hidden crap all over the place. It took me weeks to delete when I installed it a while back, and every once in a while, I still find crap:mad: :mad: )

The LCD seems pretty cool though

http://www.techtv.com/products/hard...239,00.html?promo=techtv&site=www.abcnews.com

Hey, they even have Soundsticks(went to PeeCee friends house to see it), but they have a compaq keyboard and mouse, do Soundsticks work on a PeeCee? I thought they were only Mac, cause that is what it says on the box.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I had no problem viewing the clip.

Its quite interesting, but basically its two montors in one, one on top of the other. Its not really 3D, more like layers in photoshop.

The 17" is around $6k, so its not all that practical. I'd rather have 2 22" displays instead.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by dukestreet
I had no problem viewing the clip.

Its quite interesting, but basically its two montors in one, one on top of the other. Its not really 3D, more like layers in photoshop.

As I refuse to use WMP, I couldn't view the clips... so since I haven't viewed the clips, I'm not sure exactly what all this entails... but from what you explained... is there any other way to view 3D? I thought a stereo image required two points, two monitors in this case.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
its not stereoscopic, think of it as layers in photoshop, with the top layer having a mask so that the bottom layer shows through.

The best application for this is getting two monitors in the space of one. It even requires 2 separate video inputs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.