Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
CNet's previous article indicated that Apple was working on 3d displays:

The company is also working on computers that will contain IBM's 32-bit and 64-bit chip and a computer with a 3D screen, similar to the screens recently unveiled by Sharp.

We first learned of Apple's research into Stereoscopic displays in March 2002... from eeTimes.

MacOS X Rumors posts about the possibility of an audio App from Apple... iTraks... though claims it may not be introduced until late Jan. Note: MacOSRumors posted the possibility of a music authoring iApp in their first roundup.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
I've been saying this for ages, it would be cool if a music authoring app come out, but in my mind I though it would be a pro app, not an iapp.

Since there is imovie and FCP, I though itunes then something something pro. And the same goes for DVD studio pro and idvd.

Only time will tell now.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Well, gee why don't we just throw the G5 into this speculation too. Wow, nobody has any clear info on this Expo do they?

3D displays, huh? Where do I slide my credit card? :)

Regards,
Gus

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
I don´t think that those 3D displays will make their way o the consumer so fast. It is almost impossible to expect Steve to present one at MWSF...

Goblin2099

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
New York City
3D displays, "Hyper-Reality," Dynamic Ornamental Appearance, Flower Power iMacs....

I say Apple saves some cash in R&D and just starts distributing LSD free with every .mac account.

Tom800

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2002
3D Screens

Does anybody have any info on how 3D screens actually work? Do they create a cube in physical space in which objects float for user manipulation? What are the advantages of them?

Only hours to go until my G7 PowerBook with 3D screen, anti-gravity time-travel unit attached by USB 3 toggle, year long battery life, black asyetunknownof metal casing, plus six-inch piece of decorative acylic, comes out. Apple better not disappoint me.

ELYXR

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2002
Seattle
Actually...

Actually, the anti-gravity time-travel unit is a firewire 3 device and the software is still in beta... sorry to disappoint. :rolleyes:

julzmon

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2001
NYC
why would they release a music app?
they own the best music app already... LOGIC
and with MicroLogic there is no need creating anything else. Unless they just rebrand it.

I don't see any use for an average joe for something like that.

satrokon

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2003
No Music iApp

It is possible, though unlikely, that Apple will release iTraks (stupid name, IMO) in order to grab some of the ProTools market. ProTools 6.0, which will finally run under OS X, will be released sometime "soon." If Apple can get a new version of Logic out that is branded and marketed to first-time audio recorders, they may be able to grab some of the amateur market that Digidesign now has access to.

I do my recordings in ProTools (OS9) with a Digi001 and would be interested in seeing an Apple-branded audio application. However, the coming of ProTools 6.0 for MacOSX soon and the need for standard-supported hardware will probably make trouble for iTraks. My guess is that Apple will try to sell iTraks to the current users of Logic as an upgrade complete with support for some of Apple's special iApp integration (iTunes, for example.)

kaneda

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2001
less rumors

How come there are less rumors for this Macworld? No photos? I guess since the guy got arrested for releasing info about G4 mirror drive...People afraid to release info now...Come on! I want PHOTOS!!!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.