3D Touch Shortcuts Not Working

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Just got the 6s and restored an iCloud backup from my 6, then upgraded to 9.0.2. Everything is working except the quick action shortcuts for certain apps. Phone only gives Create New Contact (no favorites show up), Messages only gives New Message, nothing at all for Mail, Music, or Maps. Third party apps such as Dropbox also have nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before I restore and set up as new which I don't want to do.

darrinS

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Just in case you haven't, you do need to open the apps at least one time for the shortcuts to appear.

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
For some apps you need to open it once before the 3D Touch menu kicks in, it is because the 3D Touch shortcuts are linked to the apps' functions which may be generated after the app is launched.

bigcstyle4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Its the iCloud backup. My only solution was to setup as new when I had the issue.
Thanks, I figured that would be the case :(

I'll probably wait for 9.1 to see if this fixes the problem first. I did find another thread after I posting where it worked for several posters. I'd rather not have to set everything up from scratch again. I haven't set up as new since June of 2007 :)

Lobwedgephil

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks, I figured that would be the case :(

I'll probably wait for 9.1 to see if this fixes the problem first. I did find another thread after I posting where it worked for several posters. I'd rather not have to set everything up from scratch again. I haven't set up as new since June of 2007 :)
Yeah, its a pain and sucks. I lost years of messages, so hopefully 9.1 fixes the backup problem.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Its the iCloud backup. My only solution was to setup as new when I had the issue.
This. If you use iCloud for your services, just set the phone up as new and you can still enter your iCloud info during setup. The only major change from your backup is that you will have to redownload your apps and the settings will not carry over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.