3D Touch Shortcuts Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigcstyle4, Oct 6, 2015.

1. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Just got the 6s and restored an iCloud backup from my 6, then upgraded to 9.0.2. Everything is working except the quick action shortcuts for certain apps. Phone only gives Create New Contact (no favorites show up), Messages only gives New Message, nothing at all for Mail, Music, or Maps. Third party apps such as Dropbox also have nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before I restore and set up as new which I don't want to do.

2. doboy macrumors 68000

Maybe try turning off 3D Touch in accessibility then on.

3. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Also try rebooting phone.

4. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Its the iCloud backup. My only solution was to setup as new when I had the issue.

5. darrinS macrumors regular

Just in case you haven't, you do need to open the apps at least one time for the shortcuts to appear.

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

For some apps you need to open it once before the 3D Touch menu kicks in, it is because the 3D Touch shortcuts are linked to the apps' functions which may be generated after the app is launched.

7. bigcstyle4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I figured that would be the case :(

I'll probably wait for 9.1 to see if this fixes the problem first. I did find another thread after I posting where it worked for several posters. I'd rather not have to set everything up from scratch again. I haven't set up as new since June of 2007 :)

8. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Yeah, its a pain and sucks. I lost years of messages, so hopefully 9.1 fixes the backup problem.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

This. If you use iCloud for your services, just set the phone up as new and you can still enter your iCloud info during setup. The only major change from your backup is that you will have to redownload your apps and the settings will not carry over.