3g 3.0 needs restore is JB/unlocked working on T-Mobile. I have ATT sim, Options?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZooMan, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ZooMan macrumors newbie

One of my 3g phones 3.0 whent into boot-apple logo off mode yesterday. I'm going to use this phone till it's dead. That may be now but I hope not.

I'm on Windows so I will need to get a custom ipsw for 4.2.1, I also have a ATT sim (to avoid battery drain/GPS issues)

Can I restore 3.0 to my 3g without knowing the basband info? I also want to get it to 4.2.1. and now is as good a time as any.

Thanks in advance

Ken

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

iPhone 3G doesn't have an updated bootrom that requires SHSH checks to restore. Just simply try to restore to the 3.0 by holding Shift/Alt/Opt+Click and clicking Restore in iTunes and browse to the 3.0 IPSW.

3. ZooMan thread starter macrumors newbie

Any ideas on getting to 4.2.1?

Thanks

4. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Tell me exactly what you're seeing.

Have you tried plugging the phone in and clicking Update in iTunes? If you have, what's the error you're getting?

5. ZooMan thread starter macrumors newbie

3G on 3.0 (I Think) JB & Un locked) The Wife was doing some app updates & started to do somthing else on the phone and got no responce. phone locked up. When it came to me it was in the apple logo boot up screen then off, she did plug in to itunes, but got the warring this device is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. It was un plugged and handed to me.

Thanks

Ken

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You can get to any version of 3 or 4.2.1 which is the current version.

The best option is probably 3.1.3. Any of these can be restored through Itunes. You cannot get to any version of 4 except current version 4.2.1 without SHSH hashes.

7. ZooMan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I will do 3.1.3 , just wait for the 4.2.1. to be release. You know this will release the day after I do this.

Am I missing anything?

1. Find custom ipsw 3.1.3.
    2. Finish via Cydia Ultrasn0w

Thanks for your help

Ken