3G Battery Life On Iphone? Is This Issue Making You Regret Your Purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blairh, Aug 10, 2008.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

From the researching I'm doing online on this forum and others, the main gripe from current 3G Iphone owners appears to be the battery life currently on the 3G Iphone.

I've read articles about ways to improve life on the new Iphone's (switching off 3G, delaying the "push" function for emails, etc), but I wanted to start a thread to hear from current 3G owners to see what their experiences has been like in regards to battery life. Isn't switching 3G off and then just turning it once you need to use the safari browser an option worth using to save battery life? Does anyone regret purchasing an Iphone because the lack of battery life is bothering them? Looking forward to your thoughts (as an on-the-fence Iphone purchaser).

2. allurbase macrumors member

There are already multiple threads about battery life, with screenshots and everything.

3. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

Most of the current threads are in the context of FW 2.0.0...my personal experience with 2.0.1 has been significantly improved battery life (better with GPS on in 2.0.1 than GPS off in 2.0.0--had WiFi, BT, and 3G on in both). Before 2.0.1, I was seriously reconsidering my decision based on battery limitations, but now I feel much better about it.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No regrets, before or after 2.0.1.

I don't use Push, but I have everything else on 24/7, and my battery life hasn't been too bad.

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I have the iPhone 3G since last Thursday and the first day the battery life was really bad. Now and after a couple of charge cycles it is much better. I haven't regretted it in any way and I am now selling the old iPhone on eBay...

6. bjobes macrumors regular

Already left stranded three times with a dead batt. My Nextel/BB never left me with a DOA phone. Not even close

7. calvy macrumors 65816

It's not 3g in my opinion that kills the battery life, its' the 2.0 firmware and above. My old 1st gen's battery life went down dramatically after upgrading to 2.0. And yes, I've taken all the normal precautions like turning off Push, etc.