3g constantly rebooting with sim card inside

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mamawolf, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Mamawolf macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2012
    Hey all,

I recently obtained an iphone 3gs which has been working fine mostly apart from about a 3 months ago kept randomly resetting itself one morning. It did this for a few hours then went back to normal.

Yesterday it started to do the same thing. It will shut itself down randomly at any time, reboot, stay on for a minute or less then reboot itself again. It began to do this continuously over and over. I decided to turn it off all night and see if it needed a big rest lol and when i turned it back on in the morning, same deal. Battery can be at any level too when it does this.

Anyway i decided to take the sim card out as communication is impossible with the phone doing this constantly and i noticed that it stopped rebooting. It stayed on like it had no issues whatsoever. I thought perhaps a coincidence so i put the sim card back in and it went back to its rebooting cycle. So, i think perhaps the sim card is f'd? I put it into two different phones and it works as normal.

I decided to buy another cheap sim from another company to see what would happen when i put in, and same thing. It constantly reboots. I left the sim out for 5+ hours today and it did not restart once with it out...

so... i was wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows what the deal is? I am guessing maybe the phone is knocking on heavens door? I did drop about a month ago and have a lovely spiderweb screen since however there were no immediate problems from this. Is it time to move on? I am curious to know if anyone else has come across this problem. It is quite bizarre..

Anyway thanks for listening, hope someone has some insight.

2. 808? macrumors 6502a

Aug 4, 2011
    Hong Kong
  3. Mamawolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 14, 2012
  4. martin0991 macrumors newbie

Aug 30, 2012
    Same problem, no solution. Please help...