Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan1

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2008
3G iPhone displayed to press at CTIA today, public announcement coming up?

"At the CTIA Wireless 2008, North America’s largest mobile telecom conference and expo, in an unexpected move, Apple today unveiled the prototype of the upcoming next model of the iPhone with 3G capabilities to the public.

Apart from the 3G, the new iPhone features an on-board GPS module in addition to the Google Maps MyLocation, 32GB of space, extended battery life, two cameras (now supporting video conferencing), and more… They’ve even added a haptic keyboard, so typing is easier than ever before
."

http://www.iphoneworld.ca/news/2008/04/01/breaking-news-apple-presents-3g-iphone-at-ctia/

I thought it's ******** at first, but check out the latest comments... example:

"I just spoke to a journalist friend about it, he said the event indeed took place today but it was not open to the public but rather just a handful of invited tech reports.

And the 3G iPhone is NOT for public display by Apple at CTIA, this story got it wrong on that one (as a previous poster said, they do not have an official booth there).

Finally, there’s apparently been an NDA all invited reporters had to sign… The event was supposed to be “closed” and no information was to be released until the official public announcement later on this week at CTIA (most likely on the closing date, the 3rd). I think this site and whoever its source is (sneaky, one of the invited reporters leaked info to iPhoneWorld it seems) will get in deep **** over this from Apple.
"

Really starting to wonder if we should expect a public announcement in the next few days... Your thoughts?!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
ive just posted the link in another post sorry mods!

im gona wii myself if they release official announcement you dont realise how happy i am lol saddo i know :cool: !! i used my n95 as a joiku spot and hooked my iphone to it and omg a 3g iphone will be heaven!!!! i cant wait!!!! i really DO hope its to be released next month!! :eek:

ModNote: Thanks -- we merged the threads. ;) --mkrishnan

smythey

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2007
Scotland
Apple arent even an Exhibitor.

Happy April fools everyone!...

Attachments

• se.jpg
    se.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 89

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
Ctia?

Is there actually a conference called CTIA? And is it realy today through the 3rd. If so, then it wouldn't suprise me to see things announced today.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
iPhone World said:
Apart from the 3G, the new iPhone features an on-board GPS module in addition to the Google Maps MyLocation, 32GB of space, extended battery life, two cameras (now supporting video conferencing), and more… They’ve even added a haptic keyboard, so typing is easier than ever before.

read the bold.. of course its a joke. a very bad one at that.. would have been better if they just left it at the 3G

Mugs

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Walton-on-Thames, UK
We do it because we love. And if my calculations are correct, it is still april 1 in the UK. Just getting later in the evening.

yer but in the UK we have some silly tradition that an April Fools joke has to be made before 12pm! So some people believe it is over now. But I duno about this, because there are a lot of comments saying it is true! And supposedly other websites as well say its true! This is going to be interesting. Please God let it be true.:D

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
read the bold.. of course its a joke. a very bad one at that.. would have been better if they just left it at the 3G

actually, neither of those things would be a) surprising or b) anything unbelievable that hasn't already been done on other phones. So, plausible.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
actually, neither of those things would be a) surprising or b) anything unbelievable that hasn't already been done on other phones. So, plausible.

i guess your right.
just surprising apple wouldnt hold an event for this.

wait..... it is Tuesday isnt it? dang spring break and me loosing track of what day it is...
im still pretty sure it isnt true.

nicegoogly

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Everybody needs to chillax. Apple is not even on the list of exhibitions. I know it seems fishy with the delays in shipping and the stores being sold out of the iPhone, but is seems really suspicious that it will released worldwide on May 8th, when the other iPhone was released in stages in different countries at different times. Also, notice how some of the "wish list" features seem prominent in the article. :eek:

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO
Trust me, Apple doesn't need to hold secret press conferences. What would be the point. All they need to do is send out invites to a conference and they get all the press coverage they need.

Mugs

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Walton-on-Thames, UK
this is very interesting! They mite have just sent them down there to get a few views on how people think it is? I duno thats probs a stupid thought! But someone may the comment about how it was a very secret thing and they were supposed to have a signed something. . . I think, dont hold me to that! :) cum on :apple: you know you want to release it!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.