3G iPhone Possible April Release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cTheory, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cTheory macrumors newbie

I have some credible information from someone on the iPhone development team that the new 3G iPhone release will be in April. No specific dates yet, but the month should suffice for you eager 3G holdouts.

2. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

3. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I have some credible information that your full of ____. and your days on MR are numbered judging by your other posts.

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Now lets not be mean. Even if your right....

lol

5. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I read your other post....why do you bother to make a thread and just lie. These forums are really great and rarely do I see people yelling (in an internet forum kind of way) at each other much like they do over at Gizmodo and Endgadget. Please leave these forums if you're just going to post stupid things that could give people false hope. This has made me quite angry.

6. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Come on guys lets give him some credit, the guy obviously has a lot of friends in high places and is kind enough to share his inside information.

After all, this is the man that brings us MacBook Pro Air!!! http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=433557 Man I can't wait for that :D

7. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I'll stick to my current cell for now... Kinda handy with it's 1Seg TV :D

8. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Wow! This is from the iPhone dev team and you had the Macbook Pro Air info from the ad production team...

You know EVERYBODY! :confused:

9. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

10. SouvenirCity macrumors newbie

lawl, your "friend" is definately a floor Sales Associate for an apple store in Missouri

11. sccerboi45 macrumors newbie

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I heard it was being released tomorrow

No, I super-duper swear :rolleyes:

13. cTheory thread starter macrumors newbie

my only rebuttal...

I really didn't know that sharing some cool information with some fellow Apple enthusiasts would create such a stir. Consider me out of this foolish game. I do have friends and family in interesting places and work and live in a city that does substantial business with Apple. As this is a "rumors" site, this is obviously not official information and a lot can change (especially observing Apple's fickle release date history). However, I am done with helping fellow nerds out. It is really a waste of my time and definitly against certain business ethics.

I, for one, do not give a damn when the 3G iPhone comes out...I am perfectly happy with the one I have now.

14. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

What about the Macbook Pro Air that your doing the TV comercial for right now? You have one of those too?

15. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

pffft, the iphone's coming tomorrow at about 3:56 in the evening. If you preorder now, you get a free cookie! :rolleyes:

16. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Ohhhh...What kind of cookie?! Where do I place my order? I don't care so much about the phone. I just want a cookie!! :D:D

All this waiting is making me hungry!!

17. Spizzo macrumors 6502

It better be a chocolate chip cookie! :D

18. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

You should know the S-man by now! He offers a buffet of choices -- Chocolate Chip, Macadamia Nut Fudge, Oatmeal Raisin, Sugarcookie, iMint Chocolate Edition, Peanut Butter, Banana Nut, etc.

19. billpaxton macrumors member

billpaxton

you guys have 0 trust... i SO believe this guy.

/end sarcasm

20. Greenmarble macrumors newbie

3g iPhone in 2Q 2008

After all the holier-than-thou negative crap from the forum, it turns out this member was likely relaying accurate information:

"After meeting with Taiwanese electronics companies Citigroup’s Richard Gardner claims that his sources have confirmed that the 3G iPhone will be released in 2nd Quarter calendar year. If correct, this would pinpoint the release between April-June 2008."
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/03/04/3g-iphone-arriving-in-2nd-quarter-2008/

Long live the peanut gallery.

21. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

I don't think it was *just* the iPhone rumour that made people think you were full of crap though. :rolleyes:

22. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

High likelihood of June. If it's earlier, it's to stop sales loss from waiters. But I think they could easily do a bump before then. (Price/Gb space). From looking at the tech, it's feasible by end of 2Q (June)

23. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I'm not sure why people aren't noticing this trend. When Apple says something will ship in a certain month or year, they usually mean they'll do it at the last possible minute. When they say Time Capsule ships in February, they ship them on the 29th. When they say iPhone arrives in June, it comes right at the end of the month. When they say 3G iPhone in 2008 they definitely, 100% do not mean that it will be out before people get the best reason to buy the first generation yet.

Think about it, why on earth would Apple release a new iPhone when the old iPhone is just about to get a crapload of new functionality which will drive sales through the roof?

24. Edwardz macrumors regular

You can look at it in either way. Apple can either use SDK and Enterprise announcements to hold off a 3G (or 4G for that matter) announcement on an iPhone or they can consolidate the SDK with an announcement of updated hardware on the iPhone. I can see either or happening at this point in time. Only time will tell apple's motives.