3G Iphone Upgrade, Faulty 8-16GB, Lack of Stock, Useless 02 Rant. Advice needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacedoutmoomin, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. spacedoutmoomin macrumors newbie

    Apr 15, 2008
    after having alt of probelms with my launch day 8GB 3G, i went into the shop to enquire about getting a replacement. i was told they didnt have any (wich i expected), and they didnt know when they were getting any in! Great.

    The very unexperianced lady went on to tell me, that they usually get a shipment in on fridays, and that its first come first served. Great! take my money and leave me in the dark.

    I cheekly asked about paying the differance between and 8&16 to upgrade, as i cant cancell my contract due to it being an upgrade. she said that i could!! but couldnt guarentee when they would get any in, and that if its after the 14 days then i couldnt change atall.

    SORRY!! i cant change a faulty phone because you dont have any stock!!

    I asked when they were likely to get any white ones in, and she answerd with..
    "all iphones are black, they dont make white one's" - I walked out in disbelief... where do they find these people?!?

    I later called customer care and explained my situation, they kind lady on the other end said she would put a note on my account sayibng i would be elegable for an exchange even after the 14 days, good news! i then enquired about a white iphone, got the same response "they dont make them in white"/

    So.. my probelms..

    Do people think that i will end up being able to pay the differance between the 8 & 16 in order to upgrade?
    Will i even be able to exchange?
    When will 02 get white ones in?

    Whats should i do?
  2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

    Apr 13, 2007
  3. jk000 macrumors regular


    Jan 14, 2008
    Do people think that i will end up being able to pay the differance between the 8 & 16 in order to upgrade?
    Will i even be able to exchange?
    When will 02 get white ones in?

    - Don't think you'll be able to pay the difference, it's 50/50 though, if you push for it you might be able to

    - You will definitely be able to exchange, this is law, if your product is faulty they should and will exchange, provided the fault is substantial i.e. not a minute blemish on the back of the device.

    - o2 Don't know when they will have white iPhones in, could be two weeks, could be two months, don't hold your breath.

    - Bottom line you should ring o2 and DEMAND that they reserve an iPhone for you when it becomes available at a store as you have ALREADY PURCHASED an iPhone and are therefore at a loss. If they do not reserve one for you, I would write a formal letter of compaint.
  4. spacedoutmoomin thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 15, 2008
    Bezel is raised on one siide and quite sharp
    Dust under screen
    Ringer button came off
    Phone Rests it self
    GPS thinks i am in scotland, Although i am located in Bath, Somerset.
    Signal drops and only way to get back is to reset.

    Some of these problems you would say are software, and i have put 2.0 back on three times.
    Im just not happy with the unit, and after spending a few hours on the phone to apple, i was told to take it back to 02
  5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem


    Feb 19, 2005
    Given that they do not have stock you should wait.
    You should be able to exchange it, just keep calm and document your dealings with the company. Make sure, if possible, that you request your account to be noted each time you go in. This is the mistake people tend to make. Each time I walk into AT&T to ask about an issue on my phone or do anything worth speaking about I request that they document my account. When they say they cannot I immediately walk out and call CS where I let them document my issue. While it is a violation to not document each call that comes into CS when an account holder requests and gives account info to do so, I find that for every 5 times I ask for the conversation to be documented it is done 3-4 times.

    The history is what gets me what I need/want from the company.
  6. BG-Mac macrumors 6502

    Jul 31, 2007
    I am in a similar situation to yours and have a question that hopefully can be answered. If I am exchanging my 8GB iPhone for a 16GB can I simply walk up to the counter an do so? Or will I have to wait in line for another 3-4hrs? I guess i'll find out when I go to do so but thought someone may have some experience with this. Thanks!
  7. born4sky macrumors 6502a


    Mar 14, 2008
    Yes you can pay the difference in order to upgrade it to 16gb, but you will have to pay 10% restocking fee ( in your case you can waived because your device is defective)

    I am waiting for the stock to do the same thing, I want to upgrade from 8 to 16. Why I didn't get 16 in the first place? because while I was standing in the line for white 16 gb for 3 hours, beatifull girl in orange shirt told us that they have only 8gb left ... I am surprised that I didn't chock her right there. As a result I have an 8 gb iPhone laying
  8. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502


    May 24, 2008
  9. spinstorm macrumors 68000

    Sep 14, 2007
    Iphone is an international phone and this forum has people from different countries on it! O2 is the UK network iPhone is available on.

    As for the phone problem I suggest you go down to your nearest apple store and make a genius appointment and they will swap the phone for you and have stock. Though you can't change size or colour with them. If it's too far phone apple and they can send you a replacement phone.
  10. Sky Blue Guest

    Sky Blue

    Jan 8, 2005
    Did you think of correcting either of them about the white iPhone so they could help future customers?
  11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040


    Sep 29, 2005

    But...but....everyone isn't American? :eek:

Share This Page