3G Vibration Gone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tribaltwo, Nov 4, 2011.

1. tribaltwo macrumors member

Hello!
    This happened 6 months ago, so it isn't a recent development or anything.
    A friend knocked my 3G out of my hands and it took a hard fall. No damage (darn!) but the vibration disappeared.

I tried everything... including tapping the left hand side on the back..

Any suggestions?

2. tribaltwo thread starter macrumors member

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You can take it in to an Apple Store for out-of-warranty service/exchange for a flat $149.

Or you can send to someone like iResq.com for diagnosis and possible cheaper repair.

4. Coley macrumors member

This exact situation happened to my friend. He noticed if he squeezed hard on the corner that hit the ground (like one finger on the back of the phone, one on the front/screen) while doing something that should make a vibration, it would work. So he found a case that closed nice and snug that kind of pushed the phone 'back together' and left it at that lol It's one of those cases with a front frame and a back piece that snap together. He also has a griffin slider case of some sort that is reeeally tight and works.
    There is the odd time this trick doesn't work still, but it's something. Doesn't actually fix the problem of course.

5. brand macrumors 601

brand

If the vibration alerts stopped when the iPhone took a hard fall then that would be classified as damage. Not external damage but still damage none the less.