3GS 16/32GB out of stock at AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whsbuss, Jul 22, 2010.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

My brother-in-law wants to move to AT&T and get an iphone, but does not want the IP4 because of all the issues. Two of his co-workers have the IP4 and they are considering returning it. So he just wants the 3GS.

Anyone know when these wll be back in stock? AT&T only has the 8GB in stock now.

2. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

Never. They only carry 8GB 3GS now.

3. spades1412 macrumors 6502

The 16/32gb 3GS phones have been discontinued. His only option to get one other than a 8gb would be second hand via eBay or craigslist and so on.

4. SMP 4JC macrumors newbie

Finding a 3GS 32gig

I have a brand new white 3GS never used still in plastic. It Also comes with 2 cases and an invisishield. :):D

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I knew AT&T were only carrying the 8GB 3GS now, but I've been wondering something.

I've got a 16GB 3GS (only had it since January, thus my upgrade is next year). Keeping that in mind, what would happen if something went wrong with my 16GB 3GS? I mean, and I could be wrong, but if you get a replacement, isn't it supposed to be the same model as what you've got?

Obviously, if something happened now, with no 16GB available, would I have to downgrade (so to speak) to a 8GB 3GS? I'm pretty darn sure they wouldn't say, here, go ahead and take this iPhone 4...lol.

Any idea?

6. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

You would simply goto the apple store and get a replacement 16gb 3GS. Apple still has the ORIGINAL iPhones for replacements only of course.

7. Dr. Foosball macrumors newbie

Have you checked walmart? They had them for $97 not too long ago.

8. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Cool. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I won't have to actually USE it, but it's good to know!

The nice thing is, they just opened a new Apple store here last week. Before then, I'd have had to drive 90 miles to get to the closest one. That's gonna come in handy!