3GS 3.1.3 Spirit JB, ultrasn0w...No service

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Benji222, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

So i did the steps listed in my title and then brought my old phone to school with me to water polo and checked to see if anyone was on T Mobile so i could make sure the unlock worked. I got out my sim key, took out my old sime, and put his in. Then it said: waiting for activation(this may take some time), and then went to no service. Did I do something wrong? I imagine this is not normal haha...
    PS: Mine is somehow past the activation screen, It is a refurb I got from apple with my old SIM in it (now on iPhone4). I imagine I just missed/skipped a step here.

Edit: This may sound dumb but I did not reboot the phone >.<
    Is this needed :p?

Sorry for another thread btw, but this is a completely different issue (I think).

2. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode. Then turn off Airplane Mode. It should start searching. Might take a few minutes, but then see if it doesn't grab TMobile. That's what I had to do on my 3G using ultrasn0w to unlock it after a Spirit JB with 3.1.3.

3. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Ok cool thanks, So you did the same steps as me?

I will try again tomorrow and just put them sim in when it is off, then turn on. Then try airplane mode.

4. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

Sounds like we used the same procedure. I first jailbroke the phone using Spirit. And I'm on a 3G iPhone with 3.1.3 firmware and 5.12.01 baseband. After it was jailbroken, I went to Cydia and added the ultrasn0w repository and installed that package to unlock it. Once it was done I popped in the new sim, did the airplane mode thing and it worked after a few minutes.

Here's the video I followed for the TMobile unlock after the Spirit jailbreak: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftZn38r48ew

5. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Thanks a bunch! Ill report back tomorrow if it doesnt work :p