3GS Battery Level at the End of the day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lionheartednyhc, Jul 16, 2009.

?

At the end of the day, how much battery is left on your 3gs?

1. 0-10%

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  2. 10-20%

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. 20-30%

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. 30-40%

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. 40-50%

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  6. 50-60%

19 vote(s)
    21.3%
  7. 60-70%

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  8. 70%+

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

At the end of the day, when you plug in to charge, what is your typical battery level on your 3gs?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You're either going to get so many different answers or no one is going to answer you, because there are a million threads on the 3GS battery life on here. I suggest you search the forums (3GS battery life, 3GS battery, etc.). It's also totally dependent on what you have turned on, whether you have a good signal.....so many variables.

Edit: Oh, didn't notice you had a poll. Because of what I said above about all the variables, the poll is almost meaningless.

3. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I didn't see any poles and I wanted to see an average.

4. TLewis macrumors 65816

Hehe, it's not totally meaningless. It'll show peoples' tolerances for low batteries (however, a better poll might be, "How often do you charge your iPhone?" -- me, at least once a day, and often twice). :D

5. Que macrumors 6502

how do i select every answer in the poll?

every day is different with different circumstances and different battery usage.

6. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

the 3GS battery is amazing, i managed to listen to a day's worth of music + send laods of text's and get 54% bat left.

7. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

8-5%

8. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

60 to 50 percent with most things switched off about 2 hours iPod use and 2 and a half web browsing.all from 100 percent fully charged.

9. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

There's an interesting curve developing here... still not enough votes to really tell much, but it looks like there are two spikes: 10%-20% and 50%-60%. Perhaps this reflects two distinct styles of usage, but perhaps there's something else at work here -- are those in the lower end using push? Are those in the upper end charging with the wall outlet rather than via USB? There are just way too many factors to provide any clear answers with such an informal poll and such a terribly small (and specific) sample. Nevertheless, it's interesting to see the appearance of these two distinct classes.

10. lavinci macrumors 6502

You might not get a really good average because battery life depends on each individual's usage, which varies greatly.

11. TLewis macrumors 65816

Um, there really aren't any spikes there, and every person's situation is different, but as for me: I generally leave all features turned on (bluetooth, 3G, wifi, everything). For me (and other people's situations may be different), there's not much point in having an iPhone if I'm going to cripple it. My phone went down to 12%, yesterday, after ~13.5 hours (from 100% charge), but I'll also often charge it during the day (but not yesterday, of course).

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

You didn't go low enough.

My answer would be -50%.

Meaning that I get to 5 PM when I run out of power, I charge it, and by the end of the day I'm down to 50%.

So I answered 0%, but that's actually much better than the performance I actually get.

13. bredfan macrumors newbie

After 1 day 0 hours of "standby", and 2 hours 43 minutes of "usage" I was at more than 60% capacity. This being with everything on except Location Services.

Of course this means nothing to avg. battery life, since my usage habits are ever changing.

I've gone as long as two days before needing to charge, and as short as putting on the charger overnight so I have a full charge for the next day.

Either way, I'm more than satisfied and have yet to be stuck with a short battery no matter how much I use it.

14. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

During work my iPhone may last 20 hours. Off work I charge it once in the afternoon for at least 15-20 minutes.

15. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Interesting. A typical day's usage for me will see over 40% left at the end of the day. That usually means texting and emailing (both MobileMe and Google).

A really heavy day with lots of music, GPS, Beejive and browsing will get me close to zero.

Bluetooth is off, I don't use it, other than that it's all singing, all dancing :)

16. lionheartednyhc thread starter macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

I should have said what mine is. I have everything turned on except for wifi and BT and am around 50% or so at the end of the day.

17. YoungLew macrumors regular

i've only been on the iphone so much that it turned off once, on a normal day anything over 40% is normal but between 50% and 60% is the usual