Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Phone went dead, will not respond to power, in Mac and Wall. Can not locate in iTunes or Xcode

Anyone have any suggestions? ( I have a apt on Sat), but I am hoping to keep this one.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Plug it in and hold down the lock and home button until the phone turns on. Or try holding down the home button and connect it to the computer.

yea still nothing... very strange

Mpalmieri1203

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2007
This same exact thing happened to me yesterday. I had to hard restart it multiple times to get it back up and running. really weird.

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
yea still nothing... very strange

This happened to me too and at first holding the sleep and home buttons did nothing.

I tried it again and held it for between 10 and 20 seconds, and the iPhone restarted. Since then everything has been ok.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Phone went dead, will not respond to power, in Mac and Wall. Can not locate in iTunes or Xcode

Anyone have any suggestions? ( I have a apt on Sat), but I am hoping to keep this one.

Take it back and get a new one. Amazing how they cant make the new ones as solid as the first one.

pellets007

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2009
New York
Wait five minutes under different environmental conditions, then attempt to turn the phone on using the sleep button. Then try the sleep and the home button.

Although if you have attempted to plug in the device for such a period of time, I would assume you have already done this. In which case a replacement may be your only option.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Phone is back up

I think that it may have been stick in a process. I let the phone alone for a few hours and held the sleep button down and it came back up.. When it came back up it was exactly where it was before it decided to sleep..

Strange, I will have to watch it, but will keep it for now.
Thanks for all the help and no the subject was not lame, it actually was a pic of some great food I was about to eat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.