Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doc2142

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
I heard that if you saved ur 4.0.1 SHSH on surik server you can go back to it if you update your phone to 4.1. Is that true? I have this 3gs that I am pretty sure I saved it using the make my life easy button and can anyone point me to where I could start to restore this phone? is there a way to confirm that i have the shsh saved in the server or not?

Thanks guys.

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement
To confirm whether you have SHSH blobs or not, go into cydia, at the top it will tell you what SHSH blobs have been saved for your device.

If you have the requisite Blobs, bbeing for 4.01, you can restore. As to how to do this, download TinyUmbrella and read the supporting document --> it'll tell you what to do exactly.

If that doesn't help, try mRoogle, it will find the answers for you.

doc2142

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
well I the phone is on 4.1 and doesn't have cydia so I can't really check now. Also I am on PC.

doc2142

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
The iphone wont go to DFU mode, when I have it off and I hold the power and home button together the apple logo appears is my timing off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.