3GS On Brink of Death

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slapbang12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. slapbang12 macrumors newbie

Hi, I've got a 3GS to repair for a customer, had a white screen that then went black!

He also told me that the home button was shot. So fitted new LCD and home button - powered the phone up (after charging because of dead battery) screen came on and functioned properly - except home button still didn't work and I noticed that there was no sound! I've changed the home button again and replaced the dock connector twice - still no sound, no home button function, and the funniest thing is that it won't charge either.

When the battery goes completely dead, I get the battery symbol, and when I plug it in I get the zig zag symbol to show it is receiving power input. However, as soon as the phone turns on, it stops charging - it gets to about 6% and then stops!

It doesn't even connect or get recognised by iTunes, even though when charging by USB I still get the zig zag symbol to say its charging - as soon as the decide powers on, it stops charging!!

The phone isn't jailbroken or anything like that - apparently its just stopped working!

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. slapbang12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, just as I clicks submit I realised! Is there anyway I can move the thread?

4. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

No, the mods will move it if they see it. You can ask them to put it in the iPhone forums if they dont get to it.