3GS restarts every 3-4 minutes after jailbreaking to 4.0 with pwnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by danieltarq, Sep 4, 2010.

1. danieltarq macrumors newbie

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I've read several people are having the same problem.

Just used pwnage to upgrade a jailbroken 3GS (done with pwnage on 3.1.2) to 4.0, and after spending several hours learning how to get it out of the recovery loop (using iRecovery), I was thrilled to see iOS 4. However, after playing with it for 3-4 minutes it crashed - the system restarted to the boot screen. The same process of restarting every 3-4 minutes is still occurring now several hours later, no matter whether I try to use the phone or not. I've experimented and this occurs while it is backing up/syncing, as well as trying to restore (so can't restore to any other version before it reboots).

I tried to downgrade to 3.1.2 as I read someone had success with this, but didn't know about SHSH blurbs... (stupid, not to do the research, I know). When I try to downgrade I get a 1600 or 1604 error. I'm on mac platform, but tried to use iREB on parallels without success (not sure if this is because it only works with 3G, but it didn't make my screen white).

One other issue I recently wet the phone in salt water and had to disassemble, soak in distilled water (yes I tried the rice in the bag trick), and although the phone worked well for 3 weeks before upgrading I think I have a bad battery, based on the code from iRecovery:
    Boot Failure Count: 0 Panic Fail Count: 0
    Entering recovery mode, starting command prompt
    gas gauge SWI line low: issuing reset
    gas gauge read timed out
    hdqgauge voltage bogus: -1mV

I'm planning to replace the battery, as this rebooting may be a hardware check failure unique to 4.0, but not confident that will work.

:eek:It has been about 12 hours, and I'm ready to give the phone away to my worst enemy. Any thoughts as to why this happens or possible solutions?

Thanks

2. paobuitragov macrumors newbie