3GS: screen has an annoying hairline scratch, thought they were scratch-resistant!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nporteschaikin, Jul 1, 2009.

1. nporteschaikin macrumors newbie

I bought the 3GS last week and have babied it (made sure it was either on my clean desk, in my empty pocket, or in my hand) since purchase. All is well except for a hairline scratch I noticed on the screen.

Aren't these screens supposed to be more durable than that?

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

They are durable, but they are not scratchproof.

I'd recommend a Power Support Crystal Film screen protector.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Well some people have been saying that the 3GS screen is easier to scratch than the 3G or 2G. But still, it should be really scratch resistant...the only thing that would really scratch it is sand or some other small hard rock like that.

5. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Get a screen protector if they get messed up all you do is put on a new screen protector don't need to buy a whole new phone.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Your face is scratch resistant, and I'm quite sure you can easily think of something that'll scratch it and make it useless.

7. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I vote this Post of the Day. So true. :D

8. alexmadison macrumors member

alexmadison

9. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Basically anything stronger than or similar to glass can scratch it. One BIG example of that is Sand. If you ever get sand on it and somehow apply any pressure, I guarantee you will have scratches.
    It can't be perfect. If you don't want it, I suggest the crystal film as others have said. I like the new oleophobic screen though and mine is going bare.

10. nporteschaikin thread starter macrumors newbie

is it worthwhile to have it replaced? or is this just something that's going to keep happening?

11. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

that's the first time i've laughed out loud from a forum post in a while. :D

12. Kyeris macrumors 6502

If you had a phone other then the iPhone and you got a scratch on the screen would you replace it?

It's up to you, but in my opinion, this happens, just get a screen protector and move on with it. Don't go to Apple and try to get them to replace it...