3gs stuck in recovery mode _and_ itunes cannot read contents of the phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ShantiOm, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ShantiOm macrumors newbie

Subject line says it all. :-(

I had the stuck in recovery mode before. It would happen if my phone died due to empty battery. But, so far I was always able to fix it by connecting it with itunes..

Now I'm not only stuck in recovery mode (itunes symbol), but I also get the (rephrased) "cannot read contents of the phone" message when trying to get connected with itunes.

Please help, I feel so frustrated. Obviously, due to not wanting to loose everything that's on my phone, I haven't actually restored it to its original settings yet. I desperately want to avoid that.

Thanks,

Sarah :confused:

Attached Files:

2. tincanman macrumors newbie

hmm, looks like something is wrong with your current firmware
    I suggest that you restore to an official firmware. Then, use limera1n to jailbreak it.
    I don't know what is causing the cannot read contents error. I'm guessing that some sync or update went wrong and files became corrupted.

3. hiinhoc macrumors member

i got the same problem. stuck at the usb + itune. It asking me to insert the sim card to activate. but when i insert my sim it say invalid sim. so now i'm stuck and don't know what to do. any help? thanks

4. jeruk01 macrumors newbie

dont u have any latest iphone backup?. if u do, u shouldnt worry about losing any from ur iphone