3GS w/ 6.1.2 tracking... ???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xeony2k, Apr 15, 2013.

1. xeony2k macrumors newbie

So my wife and I are separated... she has an issue with faithfulness. Anyways we haven't split our phones up yet and I'm under her on an AT&T family plan.. she told me the other day that she knows where I'm at an can track me for free with a grin.

Okay outside of that being ironic and ANNOYING... how is she doing it? I put software on her phone to capture her shenanigans... but she's not smart enough to do that on my phone... I think she's using iCloud and Findmyphone... are there any other ways she could be doing it? I don't think she's using the find family member features available to AT&T account holders.

2. Tallguy93 macrumors member

Sorry about your situation. No disrespect meant...but watching how this thread goes will be hilarious...

Anyways - she cant track you from iCloud and find my iphone unless your iphone is registered under her APPLE account. I am not aware of ANY att services that allow the account holder to track an iphone. Android phones yes (because they come with ATT branded apps), but not apple phones. She may just be saying that to annoy you.

Do you have your own apple ID on your phone or are you using hers?

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

If she's using find my iphone you both will need to be using the same apple id.

The only other way I could think of is the find my friends app but i'm sure you two aren't friends anymore. :p

4. xeony2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it is funny and you have to laugh about it...

I logged into our AT&T account and she does not have the family track application activated... so that's not it...

I think she's probably using iCloud and yes I'm under her Apple ID. I logged into iCloud with her ID and what do you know.. I'm the only device listed and available for tracking. I tested it and it works.. ;)

I may have just left that setting in when I upgraded it to 6.1.2 in late February, Find My Phone via iCloud that is. So my theory here is I set it up and she found she can log into iCloud... is there any other way other than installing software on my phone?

Another nugget... she was getting all of my iMessages too which was also annoying... I got a pop up the other week and I guess she's been tracking my flipping iMessages since then.. bizarre. I turned off iMessage, now I guess I need to slide the track my phone one as well... SMH

It feels like I'm living in the twilight zone...

5. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This is a great time to remind everyone..

DON'T SHARE YOUR FREAKING APPLE ID.

It is more trouble than it's worth.

It is possible to use home sharing to share purchased apps among several Apple IDs.

6. xeony2k thread starter macrumors newbie

Preaching -------> Choir :eek:

7. Tallguy93 macrumors member

Wow lol.

Two things you can do:

1) create a new apple id and remove the old one from your phone. This will suck because imessages sent to you will still go to your ex's phone even if you turn imessage off from your phone.

2) Log in to apple.com and change your password. This is the easiest to do but if her email address is setup as a backup then she can over ride it.

Its a sticky situation lol but im sure theres a way around it.