3GS was fine after iOS 5, but is becoming sluggish

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heimbachae, Nov 22, 2011.

1. heimbachae macrumors regular

heimbachae

Anyone have an explanation/fix for this phenomenon? I've noticed after any major update my phone will be blazing fast right after and it gives me that "oh I don't need to upgrade" feeling. After a few weeks though it becomes unresponsive to the home button, and sluggish all around.

There has to be some cache or something clogging up somewhere, but I have no clue what and where or even if I can clear it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

2. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

3. heimbachae thread starter macrumors regular

heimbachae

Tried it. Doesn't help much. I would have posted this in the iOS forums, but it's done it since 4 so I figured this forum might have some more helpful hints.

4. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

Every iOS upgrade introduces new features that slow devices down because it was designed more for the current models.

is it jailbroken? If so, you can disable a bunch of task daemon processes to speed up the phone and free up some memory as well. There are many that most people don't even use. I did it to my old iPhone3G running 4.2.1 and it speed up nicely.

5. ac921ol macrumors regular

try deleting your cache, and history and doing a hard reset and see how it goes.

6. heimbachae thread starter macrumors regular

heimbachae

delete what cache? safari? do that daily. and I used to be jailbroken up until 4.0 came out and have stayed straight shooting ever since. wonder if some little things carried over.....