3gs with 4.3.3 and 5.16.02 won't see cell networks? Fixes?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tivoboy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. tivoboy macrumors 68030

So, broke my phone and had to pickup a used one on the bay. Seemed a good product, seller, good rep and lots of iphone sales.

Phone arrived, looks good, was supposed to be JB'd and unlocked.

It appears JB'd alrgith, cydia, etc., but it won't pickup any cell networks regardless of the SIM I put in it. Deutsche t-mobile, china unicom, searoam, or any AT&T domestic sims. Just doesn't connect to a cell network.

Further review shows carrier AT&T 10.0it has with modem firmware 5.16.02 (which apparently isn't unlock-able regardless)

so, as for the phone, is there ANYTHING one can do? I don't really want to make the jump to 6.15 ipad Modem Firmware, or lose GPS for now.

I can probably work it out with the seller, but really need a phone for another china trip in a week, so was hoping this was going to get me along.

thanks for any tips

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you want it unlocked Ipad baseband is the only option.. I get back to the seller on that unlock. report him to ebay or paypal..

3. tivoboy thread starter macrumors 68030

thanks

I'm going to try and work it out with the seller, hopefully, he'll respond. Now that I called a "friend" and tracked down his phone number and home address, :)

could be just a simple mistake, but clearly it won't work as currently configured. maybe they simply did a 4.3.3 restore prior to ship (it was clean, nothing on it) and neglected to reload the proper backup

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would defiantly try to work with the seller and or ebay 1st. I'm guessing you wanted gps function.