3gs won't start after redsn0w jailbreak + ultrasn0w unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 4nr-, Feb 2, 2011.

1. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

I have a week 42 iphone 3gs that was originally on iOs 4.2.1 with baseband 05.15.04

I jailbroke it using redsn0w and upgraded the baseband to 06.15.00. Then booted it tethered to be able to install ultrasn0w from cydia. I ran ultrasn0w and everything seemed to be fine until I restarted the phone and now it won't boot. It's just stuck at the apple logo. I could try to boot it thethered again from redsn0w but I can't get it to turn off so I'm not sure I should do this as redsn0w explicitly says it should be turned off.

Thank you.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

The iPhone doesn't need to be off if it's stuck on the Apple screen to boot tethered. You have to do that now since ultrasn0w required the reboot.

3. 4nr- thread starter macrumors regular

4nr-

Thanks. I have done this and the phone is unlocked and working. Unfortunately, I am now forced to boot it tethered every time it has been turned off to stop it from being stuck at the apple logo on boot. Can I avoid this?

4. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Only when a non-tethered jailbreak comes out. Sorry, brosef :(

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

It is out, although only works with Mac computer (jb Monte; using redsn0w_mac_0.9.7b6).

6. isaacbr27 macrumors newbie

i had the exact same problem. i have an iphone 3gs and installed cydia. then installed ultrasn0w and said cannot find cellular network. so i restarted the phone and now it is stuck at the apple logo. if i put into dfu mode and go into redsn0w and boot tethered, it restarts, the pineapple logo appears for a while, then goes to the apple logo and stays there. the firmware on it is 5.0. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Follow this thread;

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1279838

I also give him the detail on how to hactivate it. He should be posting result soon.

8. isaacbr27 macrumors newbie

okay so i'm also a novice, should my first step be downloading snowbreeze? i'm pretty sure i already have the 5.0.1 firmware from an earlier download, so then i would select that and reboot?

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Select OS5 to reboot.

10. isaacbr27 macrumors newbie

the firmware on the iphone is 5.0.1 but in redsnow i selected just 5.0 as the custom ipsw, does that matter? just want to be on the same page. so i should put the phone into recovery mode and in itunes i should select the 4.1 firmware and try to restore that? i just want to get out of this apple logo for now

11. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. If you want to jailbreak your phone with firmware 5.0.1 on the phone, you need to select Apple official OS5 firmware and not customs firmware.

2. Also, I want to point out that even you can bring your phone back to 5.0.1, you probably can't unlock it because ultrasn0w only compatible with OS5. See, dev blog below

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

3. Bring your phone back to 4.1 will take your phone out of Apple logo as well as unlocking your phone if your phone has baseband that can be unlocked with ultrasn0w. Again, you will get a 1015 error at the end, don't panic, just use tiny umbrella to exit recovery.

12. isaacbr27 macrumors newbie

okay so how do i get it back to 4.1? i went to itunes in recovery mode and and hit shift+restore and selected 4.1 but they didn't allow it, giving me an error code. i don't think they're going to allow me to restore to anything now

13. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What the error #? 3194? modify your hosts file, then put the phone into DFU, hit shift & restore and Itunes will allow you to restore.