3rd party 4S back case and camera quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Patrick J, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Will a 3rd party replacement of the back case cause any deterioration of pictures I take?

Although I’m not up to speed with photography, one would think that any defect in the camera glass on the back plate would cause negative results, and I want to make sure before going ahead and using my iPhone 4S naked (the ability to easily and cheaply replace the back plate is one of the reasons I’m doing this).

I would definitely pay the 29$ (?) for Apple to do it, but I live in Portugal and there are no Apple stores here.

2. Jamkas macrumors member

I actually purchased a fully after market back which appeared to look like brushed aluminum and had a black apple logo.

I saw no difference in the pictures I took with that back and the stock back.

You should see no difference either as long as the product you are buying isn't defective in anyway.

3. Patrick J thread starter macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Thanks!

By the way do you know where I might buy an original/genuine Apple black 4s back?

4. Jamkas macrumors member

There are many places you can get an OEM back cover. Search around using Google.

I got a mine from Amazon.com, directfix.com, and ifixit.com.

I'd recommend iFixit. They have good high quality stuff, provide you with instructions, and the tools you'll need for an easy install.