4.0" vs 4.7"/5.5" Productivity; 5S/SE vs 6/6+/6S/6S+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ForumHangout, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ForumHangout macrumors newbie

Does the 4.7"/5.5" and 6/6+/6S/6S+ give you any advantage in term of productivity over the iPhone 5S/SE and their 4.0" size? Whether this be letting you type better in Words, using Excel, and making PowerPoint, letting you read news article or literature better, surfing the web, watching videos, using emails better etc...anything...I mean in a productivity in context and not luxury context like "oh my video is bigger" etc.

Also, technology, does the iPhone 6/6+/6S/6S+ have any technologies over the 5S/SE that also increases your productivity? just give me your first hand account, second hand account, or from what you read in reviews or elsewhere.

Thx.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

4" screen is a deal breaker for me. Was almost ready to leave Apple until they started increasing the size of their screens. Typing on the little keyboard on a 4" screen is painful compared to my 6S+

3. Channan, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Of course a larger screen gives you a productivity advantage. How much is the real question. The larger screens aren't going to offer anything the smaller screen can't. You can still do everything on a 4" iPhone that you can do on a 4.7" or 5.5" screen. You just see a little less at a time.

4. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

6s+ screen is a definite advantage for those of us who use their phones for everything. My iPad Air is becoming slightly redundant since I got this phone.

5. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 6S + definitely is more productive. The only reason I upgraded from the iPhone 5S was because I was getting tired of the small 4" inch screen.

If the iPhone 6S was still 4"inch, I would have stayed with my iPhone 5S because the iPhone 5S is still fast enough in 2016.

6. Sunny1990, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016

Sunny1990 macrumors 68000

Sunny1990

Of course larger screen gives you more productivity than smaller one.New retina HD display of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s plus supports dual domain pixels, which provides corner to corner colour accuracy for better wide viewing angle,improved polarizer for clearer viewing and precisely-aligned crystals for an enhanced viewing experience with deeper blacks and sharper text.