4.1 put my iPhone 4 into recovery mode and iTunes wants me to restore.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bathplug, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used in iTunes"

It restores the phone to factory settings and after I do the restore I connect my phone back to iTunes to try and restore my phone to the back up I made just before I did the 4.1 update but then iTunes gives me the same error message as above so I have to restore my phone to factory settings again which I've had to do 3 times now.

Then it says
    “The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9)” Then the phone displays the connect to itunes logo again and wants me to do the whole restore to factory settings procedure again.

Any ideas? Thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

if you Google Recboot 1.0.2, this program will but your iPhone into recovery mode, as well as take it out.

3. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

****, it seems ALOT of people are having this happen, I'm in the same boat.

4. Bathplug thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks saving107 I'll give Recboot 1.0.2 a try but right now the phone seems to be working fine as a factory restored phone.

In Device Backups I only have 1 backup with is

iPhone - Sept 8, 2010 6:43pm I Today 06:19pm

OK the 6:19pm is when I created the backup and I think the 6.43pm is when I first tried to restore it.

I right click my device and choose restore from backup but it only syncs my contacts, settings and a couple folders I made but doesn't transfer my music and more inportantly my apps with the gamesaves. So I assume I'm screwed and have to start fresh on all my games?

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

The back-up doesn't save music/apps, only your photos in the camera roll.

The game data is still their under 'Other', you just need to re-sync your apps back into your phone and the last saved data for each game/app should still be their.

Same goes for music.

6. Bathplug thread starter macrumors 6502a

^ excellent thanks very much :) it works your right the game save data was still there and tested it on couple games :)

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Glad I could be of some assistance.