4-6 Weeks for the SS with link bank. Let the weeping and wailing begin!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by phpmaven, Apr 10, 2015.

1. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Just ordered SS Space Black. Ships in 4-6 weeks. Regular SS link is the same

2. Lamarak macrumors 6502

No wailing here. Gone this long without one and might as well get what you really want for the price. .. Worst case looking mid May

3. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I just ordered the SS with Link and 4-6 weeks is fine considering its out of our hands (wrist) :D

4. phpmaven thread starter macrumors 68040

phpmaven

5. itsMacTonight macrumors 6502

itsMacTonight

Wow got in within a minute and got both Sport Space Grey 42mm and SS 42mm with Milanese with first delivery window 4/24-5/8.

6. JFazYankees macrumors 6502

JFazYankees

I ordered a SS w/ white sport band, then a link bracelet as an add on. The watch is set for 4/24 – 5/8 delivery, and the link bracelet says 2 – 4 weeks, so it looks like this is actually the fastest way to get it.

7. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Because of that...I bought both the SS and Sport model. The spot will help me pass the time while I wait, so to say.

8. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I got in straight away in the uk on the app and immediately it was 4-6 weeks. So late May worst case scenario. I went back in after and ordered the sport band in white as an after though.

9. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

I did the same except with a black sport band and got the same results.

10. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I wanted the SS Link but since I saw the shipping times.. I ordered SS with black rubber band. Then I added the link bracelet after. At least I'll get my watch early and wait for the band instead of waiting on all of it.

11. v2oxviesta macrumors member

Not a big deal

Don't worry too much! Apple has always been great about shipping times. I'm sure there is a pretty strong chance that ship times will move up (for the lucky few) once they can assign orders to actual units. It will take a week or so but I have confidence that there will at least be a few thousand units for each model by the 24th. I got the 42mm Sport Black which is showing 4-6 weeks. I used the app to get the order processed with a final email timestamp of 3:04. Now we just have to wait and have faith lol. Again though, I SERIOUSLY doubt that they won't be able to ship any units until May. Good luck everybody!

12. phpmaven thread starter macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Just about every version of the Watch is now 4-6 weeks out.

13. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

It will be funny if some folks paid with PayPal while @shipping times up to 6 weeks.

Cause then, the same ***** as with the nMP will happen, apple charges PayPal only when the product ships, but PayPal only holds orders open for 4 weeks.

Then they'll cancel the order on their end, Apple won't be able to charge you, therefor cancel your order entirely and you'll be back at the end of the cue.

I had this issue and spent DAYS on the phone with apple/PayPal/credit card company and no one believed me, up until it actually happened. Then I moved up the Apple support command chain and got one delivered 3 days later, with a 200€ refund. Unbelievable.

14. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

True, my experience with prior preorders is the same. It seems both SS links were 4-6 from the start, maybe some of us will get lucky!