4 inch screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IUBall22, Oct 22, 2012.

1. IUBall22 macrumors 6502

I've only had the iPhone 5 for about two weeks now, and I cannot imagine ever going back to a 3.5 inch screen.

When I first saw the 5 I thought the extra height was insignificant and looked weird, but now my iphone 4 feels weird and out of place. Everything is so squished. Funny since I never had any problem with the iPhone 4 when I owned it. Any one else feel this way?

2. nhlducks35 macrumors regular

Macrumors before:
    "Wow, 3.5 inches is perfect"
    "I don't want to hold a tablet"
    "4 inches is way too big, if I wanted a big phone I'd get an Android"

After:
    "Wow, this is perfect"
    "I could never go back"
    "I love you Apple"

3. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

It's true. My iPhone 4 looks squat now. It's like watching an old CRT tv when you've been living with a widescreen HD screen for years now.

I like that they kept the width the same because it still fits as well in my hand and in my pocket as the previous iPhones but the added real estate definitely helps with cramped apps like the music app and others that had to have UI elements disappear to get to other parts below.

4. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

It's natural because as humans we can't imagine what we never experienced before since it's based off previous experiences. The iPhone 4 was really smooth but ever since I got the 5 I can see stutters on the 4.

5. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

What's so special about 4 inches? I have 4 inches and all my wife does is laugh at me.

6. woodynorman macrumors 6502a

Best post I've read here in a long time!

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

She married you?