4 iPads later................

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Maaz, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Maaz macrumors 6502a

and now i finally get to enjoy it, all three of my others had dead pixels. I was in the store as me and the apple employee kept switching them and each one we were more surprised every time, I guess it was just a bad batch. Now i finally can relax, thank God.

2. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

3. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

Wow, that does suck. Glad you finally got a good one, though.

4. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

5. celticpride678

That's really unlucky, but glad you got a good one now.

6. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

One of the advantages of picking it up. I had my delivered and would have been ticked if I had to send one back.

7. funkmunky macrumors newbie

I do hope that my UPS driver at the end of the month does not have your same medical condition... :D

8. Inksworth macrumors regular

Inksworth

How many were there on each you turned down? I've got one "semidead" pixel that looks like a spec of dust I can't get off. :\ I did talk them into letting me upgrade my reservation from a 16 to a 32 though.

I'm only frustrated over one pixel because I feel like I bought a laptop (I bought two iPads, one for me and one for my girlfriend). I probably wouldn't be so nitpicky if I'd only bought one. :p Perceived value to cost ratio or something I suppose. :p

9. Maaz thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what sucks dude.... i had it delivered, I waited 6 hours for the UPS to come, it came around 3:30pm, i noticed it right away, and just got back around 6.

10. Dataquest macrumors member

So, were you able to go to the Apple store and replace one that you had delivered?

11. dvdlovr24 macrumors 6502

I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered an iPad from Apple since the closest Apple store is almost two hours away. I was playing with it today and notice a dead pixel. Once you see it you can't take your eyes off it. So me & the wife drove down to Atlanta to swap it out at the Apple Store at Perimeter. The store was packed but they got me exchanged quickly. I studied the screen for a good two minutes to make sure that were no dead pixels. My wife thought I was crazy for driving down there and back but I couldn't deal with the spot. Plus I was able to pick up a Apple Case since my local Best Buy was sold out. :D

12. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

weren't there well know production issues with the screens? should this REALLY come as a big surprise that some bad screens slipping through??

13. Maaz thread starter macrumors 6502a

oh yeah no problem, they just asked to see my email or the order invoice apple sent me when i ordered the iPad.

14. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

You are the epitome of the term "unlucky". At least you now have a problem-free iPad. :)

15. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

I have a dead pixel on mine too =\
    Right now i'm using the iphone dead pixel website thingy cuz it's a red pixel, not black. but if it doesn't work i'll see if i can get a replacement on monday.
    does anyone know if they need u to bring the box and charger and cable and everything?

16. mottdog macrumors member

Do you have a technique to find these dead pixels? Besides just looking:eek:

17. GoHack macrumors member

Is there a way to turn the entire screen white, in order to see the dead pixels easier?

18. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

19. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Well.. The only way to find a dead pixel is by looking.... And u really don't notice it when you look. U notice it while doing something and it just pops out you...

20. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

What did they look like?
    I thought dead pixels were either a bright green, red or blue but I have friggin smudge looking thing right in the middle of my screen! At first I thought it was just a dirt smudge but it won't come off!
    It's just a dull gray little smudge but I can't stop seeing it!
    Is that what your looked like?
    I don't have an Apple store near me. :(

21. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I bought mine from an apple store 3 hrs away.. I guess I'll have to call applecare or drive back to the store to get it swapped out.

I am going to try to live with the dead pixel for a while.. just due to the inconvenience.

22. phillyred79 macrumors regular

23. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

I have a stuck red pixel too, close to the center of the screen. Where is yours located? Will Apple really replace the ipad for 1 stuck/dead pixel? Do they have a policy on this? I don't want to make a trip to the store if they're just not going to replace mine.

24. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

they'll replace it.