4 iPads later................

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
and now i finally get to enjoy it, all three of my others had dead pixels. I was in the store as me and the apple employee kept switching them and each one we were more surprised every time, I guess it was just a bad batch. Now i finally can relax, thank God.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
One of the advantages of picking it up. I had my delivered and would have been ticked if I had to send one back.

Inksworth

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
How many were there on each you turned down? I've got one "semidead" pixel that looks like a spec of dust I can't get off. :\ I did talk them into letting me upgrade my reservation from a 16 to a 32 though.

I'm only frustrated over one pixel because I feel like I bought a laptop (I bought two iPads, one for me and one for my girlfriend). I probably wouldn't be so nitpicky if I'd only bought one. :p Perceived value to cost ratio or something I suppose. :p

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
One of the advantages of picking it up. I had my delivered and would have been ticked if I had to send one back.
thats what sucks dude.... i had it delivered, I waited 6 hours for the UPS to come, it came around 3:30pm, i noticed it right away, and just got back around 6.

Dataquest

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
thats what sucks dude.... i had it delivered, I waited 6 hours for the UPS to come, it came around 3:30pm, i noticed it right away, and just got back around 6.
So, were you able to go to the Apple store and replace one that you had delivered?

dvdlovr24

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered an iPad from Apple since the closest Apple store is almost two hours away. I was playing with it today and notice a dead pixel. Once you see it you can't take your eyes off it. So me & the wife drove down to Atlanta to swap it out at the Apple Store at Perimeter. The store was packed but they got me exchanged quickly. I studied the screen for a good two minutes to make sure that were no dead pixels. My wife thought I was crazy for driving down there and back but I couldn't deal with the spot. Plus I was able to pick up a Apple Case since my local Best Buy was sold out. :D

dave1812dave

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
weren't there well know production issues with the screens? should this REALLY come as a big surprise that some bad screens slipping through??

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
So, were you able to go to the Apple store and replace one that you had delivered?
oh yeah no problem, they just asked to see my email or the order invoice apple sent me when i ordered the iPad.

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
I have a dead pixel on mine too =\
Right now i'm using the iphone dead pixel website thingy cuz it's a red pixel, not black. but if it doesn't work i'll see if i can get a replacement on monday.
does anyone know if they need u to bring the box and charger and cable and everything?

gigapocket1

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2009
Well.. The only way to find a dead pixel is by looking.... And u really don't notice it when you look. U notice it while doing something and it just pops out you...

DotCom2

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2009
and now i finally get to enjoy it, all three of my others had dead pixels. I was in the store as me and the apple employee kept switching them and each one we were more surprised every time, I guess it was just a bad batch. Now i finally can relax, thank God.
What did they look like?
I thought dead pixels were either a bright green, red or blue but I have friggin smudge looking thing right in the middle of my screen! At first I thought it was just a dirt smudge but it won't come off!
It's just a dull gray little smudge but I can't stop seeing it!
Is that what your looked like?
I don't have an Apple store near me. :(

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
I bought mine from an apple store 3 hrs away.. I guess I'll have to call applecare or drive back to the store to get it swapped out.

I am going to try to live with the dead pixel for a while.. just due to the inconvenience.

hlysmksbtmn

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2008
I have a dead pixel on mine too =\
Right now i'm using the iphone dead pixel website thingy cuz it's a red pixel, not black. but if it doesn't work i'll see if i can get a replacement on monday.
does anyone know if they need u to bring the box and charger and cable and everything?
I have a stuck red pixel too, close to the center of the screen. Where is yours located? Will Apple really replace the ipad for 1 stuck/dead pixel? Do they have a policy on this? I don't want to make a trip to the store if they're just not going to replace mine.

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
I have a stuck red pixel too, close to the center of the screen. Where is yours located? Will Apple really replace the ipad for 1 stuck/dead pixel? Do they have a policy on this? I don't want to make a trip to the store if they're just not going to replace mine.
they'll replace it.