40% of Blackberry users willing to trade in for an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaveSW, Mar 15, 2010.

1. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Gotta love polls like this, especially since they only hit up a couple of hundred people. You can really play with the results.

The full report says that:
    • 72% of Blackberry owners "might" or "definitely" would buy Android.
    • 69% of Blackberry owners "might" or "definitely" would buy an Iphone.
    Also:
    • 58% of iPhone owners might or would buy an Android phone.
    • 36% of Android owners might or would buy an iPhone
    And:
    • 100% of current Android users would recommend Android to others
    • 97% of current iPhone users would recommend iPhone to others

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

40% of Blackberry users willing to trade in for an iPhone

Cant blame them :D

3. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

4. HungryWriter macrumors newbie

HungryWriter

Those blackberry users that have yet to try an iPhone do not know that it is better! HAHAHA I come from experience using Palm for many years. Why would I switch to iPhone - I'd always compare my palm to my friend's iPhone: I can do this, that and more. Then, I used an iPhone. I was wrong.

Blackberry users that experience an iPhone - they aren't going back. My wife was one of them.

5. DaveSW thread starter macrumors 6502

your figures are wrong! read the report again. jesus.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Could you be more vague? Which figure(s) do you think are wrong? Their gray shades are sometimes hard to read, but I just checked again and it looks correct.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Tell you the truth you are now double wrong. Might I suggest you do what he said and read the full study.

http://storage.pardot.com/1742/19507/Android_Study.pdf

Also I might like to note that they never ask the Blackberry users if they would want to buy another blackberry.... This study was Android vs iPhone

8. thatguysmells macrumors regular

Blackberry is 100 times better for email than iPhone. And yes, that number is an actual, calculable, measurable figure. :p

9. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

In Late June Early July! I will become one who switches from a blackberry to a Iphone! FINALLY!

10. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Surprised? :cool:

11. terraphantm macrumors 68040

My dad carries both, since his job required a blackberry (which they pay for). The blackberry is definitely better for corporate email, but the iPhone is definitely better for everything else. With that said, I'd still like to try an android phone; having no app restrictions is an appealing thought to me.

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

How is it only 40%? :D

13. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I switched from an iPhone to a BlackBerry, and I won't be going back. Once you get hooked on the always-on communications aspect of it (BBM, email, IM), it's hard to put down. I'd still like to pick up an iPod Touch for all the neat apps, but my BlackBerry isn't going away any time soon.

14. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

The rest can't afford it/ are stuck with their companies' force-fed BBs.

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I don't understand your post.

I could swear it looks like you're being sarcastic and you don't "love" polls like this and when you "play with" the results you prove just how pointless the poll is.

But then all the numbers you posted are quite interesting.

So what is your point? Am I not supposed to find those numbers interesting? Am I supposed to read them and think 'what a waste of time...stupid poll.' Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think that.

I thought the poll was interesting and I thought your numbers were interesting. None of that really matches up with someone who would "love" the poll sarcastically, however, so I'm afraid I'm missing something.

EDIT: Perhaps my sarcasm meter is off and you really DO love polls like this! That would explain it, actulally...

16. DNAppleGold macrumors regular

Switching From BB

I think the commonly heard line that "BBs are better for corporate e-mail" is not true for most people. Like many others, I was a long time BB business user. I was quite happy with my BB and had learned every short cut in the world. But I was feeling there was just more and more I couldn't do (or do well) on my BB. My wife has a G3 and when we're out together we practically never used the BB. But because I use mail/phone so often for business, and I travel so much for work, frankly I was a little nervous.

My concern was misplaced. I finally bought a 3gs about a month ago, have done two extended business trips, and I couldn't be happier. Of course there are features about the BB I miss (speed dialing for one). But for every feature I miss, there are several Iphone features that I like as well - even on core phone/email functions. Overall, I like all the Iphone apps as much and in many cases much, much more than BB. You will simply be amazed how much more you use your phone!

Everyone's biggest concern is typing - it was mine as well. I now find I normally type much faster on the Iphone, unless I only have one hand available (I then use dragon to dictate - you must get this awesome free app). Here how I made the adjustment:

- Type with your fingers, not your thumbs
    - cradle the phone with one hand and type with your fingers on the other. Even better, lay the Iphone on a flat surface.
    - Use landscape (just remember to turn the phone before you start typing). In landscape mode, on a flat surface, I can actually use 3-4 fingers!
    - Use the auto-correct when possible. After about a week, you will be shocked how often the Iphone suggests the correct word well before you've finished.
    - If you find you've mangled a word "mid-word", keep typing to see if the auto-correct will kick in Again, after about a week, you'll be shocked how often the phone suggests the right word before you've finished.

Enjoy your Iphone. Most BB users who are willing to change some ingrained habits end up loving their phones. I do.

17. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Me too! I signed a 3 year Blackberry contract with Bell right before the 2nd iPhone release and have been waiting forever for my opportunity to switch.

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

It depends on your needs. I am a HUGE iPhone person, but since I'm about to graduate from college and I got my first career job, I needed to get rid of my "multimedia" phone and get a "business" phone. E-mail is top priority right now, and that is the reason why I am the owner of a Blackberry Bold 9700. I'll get a iPod Touch for my multimedia needs.

19. nerdish macrumors regular

80% of BlackBerry users will miss their physical keyboard if switching to the iPhone.

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

That was me last summer. Bold 9000 to 3GS, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I thought I would miss it, too, and it honestly took me all of about 2 hours to get used to it. I can type faster now on the iPhone than I ever dreamed of typing on my BB.

21. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

22. aristobrat macrumors G4

Not of their fingers are as big as mine. LOL

I guess it depends on the career path? I work for a Fortune 500 company that prepping to support iPhones/'droids/Windows Mobile, in addition to BlackBerrys. The only way in hades we're able to do that is because the SVP and C-level folks are super tired of email-first devices and are dying to get multiemedia phones that can also do email. :D

23. nfl46 macrumors 603

It DEFINITELY depends on your career path. I couldn't imagine a "Graphic Arts Designer" with a Blackberry. That kind of person screams, "iPhone."

24. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

i have a iPhone but im going to get a Blackberry soon.