42mm S/M Sports Band 3rd and 4th Hole Dilemma

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Sheza, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Hi there,

I'm seeing on reddit (and experiencing for myself) a problem people are having with the official Apple S/M Sports Band on the 42mm Watch.

The 4th hole (exactly in the middle) is just a tad too loose, making for slightly inaccurate HR readings and it will often slide on the wrist if pressure from clothing etc is applied. It also leaves a rather unsightly gap between the edge of the wrist and the band.

However, the 3rd hole (tighter) is just a bit too tight. While it solves the problems mentioned earlier, it squeezes the edges of the wrist and is uncomfortable to wear.

This really sucks for me because I've tried to get a Milanese Loop but, and I'm not sure if it's just because it was a third party black one, it caused chafing and pulling of arm hairs that was uncomfortable. Also it looked funny because the magnet came pretty close to the other end of the Watch (something the OEM Apple one does not do... it seems to be longer than the OEM!) So the Sports Band is the ultimate in comfort for me - in fact I have 3 of them and I want the Midnight Blue one as well.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what to do! As I said I really like the Sports band in every other way, it's just this sizing problem!

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Have you tried the M/L to see how the holes work with that? You might have to use the first or second hole, but it might be a better fit.

3. xxjonoxx macrumors member

xxjonoxx

I had to use the M/L band. After days of switching between the two bands and trying different holes and tight vs loose I decided I only had one option for the perfect fit. If I put the M/L band on the 3rd hole it was perfect feeling but when I put the excess band inside it felt too tight. So I just cut the extra band length off with scissors. I left just enough that it stays put inside and doesn't come out, but it doesn't go far enough in to add unneeded tightness to the band.

4. Sheza thread starter macrumors 65816

Sheza

Just tried this and unfortunately it's too loose even on the smallest hole.