42mm SG Sport vs. other 42mm sports shipping time difference?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by longhornsbro, Apr 28, 2015.

1. longhornsbro macrumors newbie

I ordered a 42mm Space Gray Sport watch on 4/26 (little late, I know) and I'm seeing people that ordered 5 minutes after release it says 2-3 weeks for delivery... wouldn't that push mine back to like late June?
    Would it be smarter to just shell out an extra $49 to just buy a Blue or Green sport watch and just switch the band out since those seem to be shipping very early, as oppposed to the black banded one.
    What would you suggest has the shortest shipping time? I still want a 42mm because I hear the 38 is too small.

2. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

I ordered a sport on the 12th and received today. During that time the delivery time changed 2x. And twice on shipping day. When I ordered it stated June. Shipping day morning it went from May 28 to June 4th. Then 2 hours later it shipped.

3. seamor0512 macrumors member

4. Encoder macrumors member

Do you have an Apple Store near you? I highly recommend doing a try-on if you can. It really helps you decide which case is the right size. People are just going to tell you their opinion, but you need to see for yourself.

5. longhornsbro thread starter macrumors newbie

The 42 Space Gray BlackSportBand I ordered on the 26th says june, but I also ordered another 42 Aluminum Blue Sport Band today a couple of hours ago, as well as a black strap to replace the blue one.

Realistically, which one should I expect first?

6. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

Realistically the blue one. I'm an :05 on 4/10 for a sg sport and I ordered a blue sport today just to see which one ships first. If I get a shipping notification on my sg, I'll cancel the blue one. If the blue ships first, I'll probably still keep the blue and maybe sell the sg one when it gets here. I ordered a black leather loop a few days ago, so I'm really only looking at a month with either sports band anyway.

7. longhornsbro thread starter macrumors newbie

Exact same boat almost.

8. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

We should start a club.

9. longhornsbro thread starter macrumors newbie

A club NO ONE wants to join, lol