#45 must have colluded with Russia. It is so obvious.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Jun 8, 2018.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

So #45 heads out to go to G-7 summit in Quebec.
    He did not even get in the helicopter before he mentioned bringing Russia back in to the G-7, make that G-8.

.......what?........

Lets see:
    • Praising Putin.
    • #45 Jr reply on Russian bait email, "I love it!"
    • Asking Russians if they have info on Hillary.
    • Praising Putin again.
    • Soon after election inviting Russian ambassador into WH and have a jolly good time telling secrets.
    • (did he bring back some Russian staffers?)
    • At events wandered off to chat with Putin.
    • Twice.
    • Countermanding the UN ambassador (Hailey) who promised there will be sanctions for something Russia did.
    • Ignoring a Russian backed attack on US troops in Syria/Iraq (at least the troops did not suffer casualties)
    • a few other items I forgot.
    • now this.

(Meanwhile, except for a patriotic few TRUE Republicans, the party was pretty much silent.)

Still don't believe #45 colluded?
    I have a great BIG, BEAUTIFUL, bridge to sell you!! It is the BEST, ALL AMERICAN Steel bridge!! You'll love it!

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

-Won’t allow sanctions to fully take effect
    -Dictated Don Jr.’s quickly-proven a lie alibi for the meeting
    -Refused to fully acknowledge or take action on their interference
    -Wanted to form a cyber alliance with Russia
    -Has yet to say one single bad thing about Putin- no names, no whining about them, nothing but praise

3. Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

Let's assume for the purposes of argument that Trump colluded with Russia. Now what? Can you identify for us whether or not that is a violation of law?

4. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

It is typically cited by Trump supporters that "collusion" is not illegal. That's because relevant election law code may not specifically use the term collusion. But several activities under investigation would be illegal as campaign staffers are forbidden to solicit material aid from foreign governments. And to quote Donald Trump Jr., "I love it."

5. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

All I know is this:

Russia has been an enemy of the United States for a long time.

Yet Trump's campaign met with Russians 19 times during the election. And that's just the meetings we know about.

And the meetings we know about... they lied about the reasons for the meetings.

I don't know what that means... but it can't be the "nothingburger" they keep insisting it is.

Something's fishy...

6. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

And Trump lied when he said he had no business connections with Russia - each of his sons has said that the Trump organization received a lot of funding from Russia, plus Trump was negotiating for a Moscow Trump Tower deal during the election.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Russia is an adversary of sorts, but not an actual “enemy”. We are not in a declared war with the nation itself, so “enemy” is a bit exaggerated. If we have an enemy, it is the legion of Russian hackers who are hell-bent on attacking the internet, but the US, while a major target for them, is not their only target.

8. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

If we had a Congress with a spine, it would, unquestionably, be an impeachable offense.

9. Admiral, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018

Admiral macrumors regular

Admiral

I wouldn't be so sure. The Constitutional standard for impeachment of a President is "high Crimes and Misdemeanors", a phrase whose meaning had been known in English common law for about 500 years prior to the drafting of the Constitution. High crimes and misdemeanors occur during the discharge of public office; President Donald Trump may only be impeached and removed from office for crimes he commits as President.

10. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

He's doing as much as he can to achieve Putin's wet dreams of sapping NATO and very trade agreement.

11. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

... anything a sufficient majority of congress can agree to push for.....

12. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

No, this is not accurate. I think this quote, from a historian at Princeton and addressing the adoption of the current impeachment standard in the Constitution, is particularly relevant:

“This shows that the Framers meant for the phrase “high crimes and misdemeanors” to signify only conduct that seriously harms the public and seriously compromises the officer’s ability to continue. If the phrase is given a less rigorous interpretation, it could allow Congress to influence and control the President and the courts.”

It is hard to imagine a scenario that more seriously compromises a president’s ability to continue than a demonstration that he surreptitiously conspired with a foreign adversary to undermine the electoral process and become president.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What demonstration would that be?

14. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

The check me out! I’ve got my I hate Trump blinders on again today!

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The Mueller investigation is far from over and we do not know yet what they have found, but we already have a mountain of evidence of attempted coordination between the Trump campaign and Russian operatives.

16. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Were the hundred other threads not enough?

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Yes. It would have been illegal even if it had been an ally country like Canada.

More here.

18. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I think that Trumps comments / actions are made to trigger the left :). The more the left is triggered, the better Trumps chances are if he really runs again in 2020.

Is the definition of patriotic TRUE politicians, that they agree with you ? If so, I know of no patriotic TRUE Democrats :D.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

All it would take is between 2-5 minutes of sworn testimony and he would commit perjury.

20. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

So, today, he said that “something happened” that resulted in Russia being kicked out of the G-8 (without specifying what happened and arguing that they should be let back in). And, when specifically asked about Russia’s annexation of Crimea, he blamed Obama and not Putin. I have to ask those who still support him, what’s it like to support such an openly anti-American man as president?

21. jerwin macrumors 68020

We haven't been in a declared war since 1945...

22. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

23. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

When Obama does something unforgivable, un-American and treasonous such as wearing a tan suit, or salute with a drink in his hand. So unpresidented.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

You'll have to ask Trump when he's going to start screaming at the sky on twitter. I'm guessing less than a week?

25. Altis macrumors 68030

It appears to be the case the Canadians did "donate" to U.S. campaigns.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-trump-clinton-u-s-election-1.3837993

As expected, nearly all of it went to the Democrats:

[​IMG]
    So much questionable money flowing around politics, the scope of it is difficult to accept.