#45 ok's production of NK summit "Challenge coin", with Kim Jong Un face

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, May 23, 2018.

1. PracticalMac, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

#45 ok's production of NK summit "Challenge coin", with Kim Jong Un face.
    (Although it is not directly made by WH or anyone in DC, it must have been approved by someone to be created (cough #45 cough).)
    (source here: "The White House on Tuesday insisted it had nothing to do with the coin. Its design and creation fell squarely on the White House Communications Agency, the military unit that provides global communications support to the president and his staff". Yeah, nothing to do with WH. riiiiight. :rolleyes:)

Challenge Coins are created by military groups and "are given to prove membership when challenged and to enhance morale", could look at them as type of medal for sub-groups in the military (US or otherwise) and unofficial ID.
    Despite their unofficial status, they do have value depending on subject and desire of owner.

Challenge coins often depict events too, such as presidents (and #45 had a rather enormous, gaudy one made for his inauguration).

So, it seems #45 approved a CC for the upcoming NK summit in Singapore.
    This is completely unprecedented (as much of #45 is), highly unusual, and incredibly disturbing.
    Some say the image on the CC nullifies any morality in the Presidency of the USA.

• The CC was issued before the summit (it is always made after an event)
    • It has the Presidents face on the coin, which is rarely if ever done on a military created CC (not trinket commercial CC).
    • CC is about teamwork, as it marks military accomplishments of the TEAM.
    and the worst of all.
    • It puts Kim on same level as #45, and includes the term "Supreme leader of NK", basically putting Kim an equal to #45 (or maybe put #45 as equal as Kim).

[​IMG]

FYI, the Presidential CC's
    [​IMG]

Yes, another swipe at #45's lack of understanding at how is actions impact basic moral values of America.

UPDATE:
    #45 just canceled summit after a silly spat.

Will still have the coin!

2. 0007776 Suspended

Is it just me or does it look like Kim has his head up, and Trump has his head slightly down looking like he is bowing to Kim on the coin. It’s very slight, and it might just be the curved lines in Trump’s combover giving that impression but that was my first thought on seeing it.

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it's like staring at the clouds... you'll see something there if you want to see it.

same logic

4. Zenithal macrumors 604

I want to know why Jong-Un looks like Fats Domino from the side...

5. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Anything for a buck.:rolleyes: First it was the MAGA hat and gear, then Trumpy Bears, now this. I guess the Trumpettes will lap it up.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Until I saw them both engraved, I never realized how much Trump looks like Brandi Chastain.

7. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Get your coins while you can!!

I predict they will be worth more that #45's weight in gold!!

8. 0007776 Suspended

I wonder what will end up happening to them. It would be an interesting collectors item.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

The color reproduction on Trump's skin is remarkably accurate...