#45 says "FAKE news" is not fake, its just "negative news" about him!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, May 10, 2018.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

#45 says "FAKE news" is not fake, its just "negative news" about him!

His recent tweet part of it said: ”Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake)."

Yes, more have discussed #45's threat to pulling media credentials, effectively censoring the media, but this is currently more a threat.
    It is his conjoining of of 2 previously disparate ("negative" and "Fake") words as synonyms that expose his real thoughts:
    #45 simply hates bad press, not that it is actually wrong.
    Not my words, it is #45's.
    (VOX and CNN articles)

Oh, sure, all Presidents get bad press and they also hate it, and sometimes do verbally retaliate, but I do not recall any President vilifying and demanding the media be censored and/or calming its "fake" when it could simply be imprecise (well, Nixon maybe).

It is one thing to accuse the media to not reporting issue correctly, not getting facts right, or evening being unfair or excessively negative (and all perfectly acceptable to me), but IMHO calling something fake simply because you do not like what they say is a very childish temper tantrum response.

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

This is a symptom, a side effect, of his massive ego. It's why he holds random rallies all over the country. People cheering him, rooting him, etc. is his drug of choice. I thought his own side would plod him in the right direction, but so far, they've just put their heads down and follow his lead. He has to be loving it. If it weren't for his self-made scandals, he'd be getting away with a lot more.

3. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

IMHO, #45 has no Ego.
    He feels he has not achieved anything, craves social approval.
    Anything that diminishes that approval gets viciously attacked with pure lies.
    And yes, has "campaign rallies" for that "drug high".

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

This isn't really anything new though is it? It's just that this time we heard it slip straight from the horse's* mouth... :p

*No disrespect intended towards real, actual horses.

5. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Except its not the mouth. It's the other end.

6. appleisking macrumors 6502a

The only people who truly believe trumps ******** are trump supporters. Even he’s fully aware how full of **** he is.

7. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Expected.... unsurprising.... just his plain old pandering to his cult members.
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2018 ---
    I do wonder if DJT believes what he says or if he’s just putting on some kind of act..... because if so then his cult members are the only ones in on it, and that’s really sad!

8. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It's hard to tell with him. He's really hard to read. For instance, you can always tell when he learned something new because he'll tell it to the press and then say "a lot of people don't know that". Because if he hadn't previously known, then there's no way a good portion of others could have known. He also said he created the phrase "Prime the pump". He quite likely had never heard the phrase before, assumed nobody else had, and then just tried to take credit because, hey, "a lot of people don't know that phrase". I can't imagine that would be any sort of calculated move, unless he's purposefully trying to make himself look like a clueless moron.

Then, some of the stuff he tells the American people are laughably, mind-numbingly untrue, and you just have to wonder to yourself "is he for real, or just spewing BS and getting amused at how many people eat it up?"

9. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The other day, when he signed a military pay raise into law, and told the crowd of military spouses that it was the first military pay raise "in ten years," when in fact military pay had been increased every year for the last 30 years, I have to believe that he knew he was lying. But, it's reached the point that truth doesn't really matter to his followers. If Trump says it, it's good enough for them. We should be very afraid of the fact that about 40% of the US has been brainwashed into believing the BS he spews on a daily basis.

10. Huntn, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The GOP has finally put a political gun to their heads and are squeezing the trigger with every additional week they let Supreme Leader romp. How much more ironic can it be? If you let them do their worst, they won’t disappoint. Political Darwinism in action.
    --- Post Merged, May 12, 2018 ---
    It is terrifying. I’ll ask, did we just collectively become stupid, have we always been stupid, or did it take the right set of circumstances to allow the stupid among us to take charge? :oops: It seems like the pushback against regulated level playing fields is a powerful motivator.

11. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

If it weren't for the craven support the GOP still stacks under Trump's clay feet (while it struggles to finish packing the courts before the party is swept from office), he'd have been impeached for just standing around pretending to be a US President by now.

When one subtracts all the noisy pushback from the right, even the already public evidence of what we have in the Oval Office is sickening. Axios summed it up in their AM newsletter today and in the quiet of a grey morning with a cuppa coffee in hand I read that thing over and just shook my head.

Any handful of those items would have sunk even the GWBush administration, credibility of which ran to pretty skinny sometimes. Yet the GOP grovels before their prevaricating creature Trump in the White House because he can nominate their next conservative to our highest court and so enliven their hope to offset legislative losses for the next 30, 40 years by "see you in Court!" machinations. For shame they put the whole planet at risk in reaching for that goal (and even now shamelessly all but whistle to Kennedy to retire from the court "yesterday").