Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daxdagr8t

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
My new 4g ipod will arrive this week and I have been scouring almost all of the apple store and Compusa in SoCal to look for ipod skins that will fit the 4gipod, but none of the stores have them yet.I look in the internet and I only found the Pod Shield from http://www.trendygeek.com. Anybody else has any suggestions?

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I haven't seen any around yet and I don't think Apple is selling any yet. You may have to wait a few weeks.

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
I am definitely waiting for iSkin case. I have had iSkin case since "iSkin iPod protector". And upgraded to Exo, Exo2 and Evo. I also have iSkin Mini and PB keyboard protector. I strongly recommend their product, not because I own it, because it is a great product.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
You know, you'd think if Apple knew it was going to discontinue their included cases, that they would at least try and make sure that a few 4g cases were available when the 4g iPods came out. People don't want to wait months to protect their iPods and get them all scratched up in the interim. But then again, that would have made sense.

In any case, what I did was to get a 1g/2g case that has the same size gap for the wheel as required by the 4g and accommodates the same depth. Bargain prices too since they are in so little demand. Has worked a charm so far, I don't even think I'll get a new 4g case when they eventually appear...

daxdagr8t

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I really need an ipod skin because I will use my ipod as voice recorder and i dont want my ipod to all be scratched up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.