4k or 5k monitor suggestion for cmp

wingyiulam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
Hi all,

I am looking for a 4k or 5k IPS monitor for graphic work, color needs to be accurate. what are the choices in the market.

is Dell UP2715K fully support 5k on cmp? it seems to be a nice monitor.

Thanks,
Wing

uimike

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
California
Hi all,

I am looking for a 4k or 5k IPS monitor for graphic work, color needs to be accurate. what are the choices in the market.

Thanks,
Wing

Hi wing, I'm interested in the same. I've seen some nice LG 45 displays, but not sure my cMP 2009 4,1 > 5,1 with a (coming) MSI Radeon 560 will support them.

It would be useful if you state what GPU you have!

Mike

wingyiulam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 17, 2018
Hi wing, I'm interested in the same. I've seen some nice LG 45 displays, but not sure my cMP 2009 4,1 > 5,1 with a (coming) MSI Radeon 560 will support them.

It would be useful if you state what GPU you have!

Mike
Hey Mike, I have EVGA SC2 GTX 1080 TI. I am worry getting any 4k or 5k monitor due to lag of support in USB C and thunderbolt.

Wing

mattspace

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
Hi all,

Thanks,
Wing
The 2715k isn't available in a lot of markets, and has never really been a turnkey reliable monitor from reports. Have a look at Benq's SW270 if 4k is acceptable.

lowendlinux

Contributor
Sep 24, 2014
North Country (way upstate NY)
got it... for me as well, but the issue is I work with tons of apps and windows open, and it helps in that respect. However, as you point out, its all very small, so its a lot of zooming in :)
It would be nice if there was a way to assign a screen resolution to particular apps so for example Ps could be native but browsers/finder/terminal are scaled.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
that'd be awesome! I wonder if it is possible...
I thought that if you told Apple OSX that it was a "retina" monitor that the UI would be doubled in size - but that "retina-aware" apps would use native resolution for video/image windows.

Did I get that wrong?

uimike

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2018
California
I thought that if you told Apple OSX that it was a "retina" monitor that the UI would be doubled in size - but that "retina-aware" apps would use native resolution for video/image windows.

Did I get that wrong?
Hm, true. Double-resolution images.

mattspace

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
It would be nice if there was a way to assign a screen resolution to particular apps so for example Ps could be native but browsers/finder/terminal are scaled.
I think SwitchResX may have something to do with application specific settings. Have a look in that direction?

JedNZ

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2015
Deep South
I just wish the interface/GUI was able to be larger on my Samsung 28" 4K (3840x2160 @64Hz). How come Apple hasn't come up with a solution for my resolution devolution? Feel free to add some rap to this.