4S battery issue is crap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlendedFrog, Nov 10, 2011.

1. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

I get that people like complain on the internet and that if someone posts a story on the internet then it must be true. But this whole issue of the battery problem is just crap. I routinely get a full days usage out of my iphone 4s with heavy usage. I don't get why people don't put it on the charger at night.

My current test:
    iOS: 5.0.1
    Battery level:85%
    Time off charger: 10.5 hours
    Radios running: 3G/BT/Wifi
    # of Apps running: 19

Pandora has been streaming over wifi for 1 hour now. The battery is now 84%. I would say that this device has a great battery on it.

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

How is this possible? Mine goes down 10% in an hour with minimal use.

3. punchdrunk55 macrumors member

Good to hear you have a battery that is working well, throw a party, jump up and down, I don't really care. Some people aren't as lucky as you and actually do have a problem, and their battery's aren't getting through a day even with light usage. Thanks for your input but please understand that just because you have a good battery doesn't mean that everyone does.

4. BlendedFrog thread starter macrumors regular

I also need to add that I have 3 push email accounts on it. I on average do about 4-5 hours of voice calls and 80-100 texts a day. I do live and die with this phone

5. RRNYC macrumors member

I charge every night and carry a batter boost with me so what do you suggest now? Just because you aren't experiencing the same problem as many doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist.

My battery is burning 7-10% points per hour with minimal use. If I used this phone as much as I typically would, I couldnt get a working day out of it

6. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Well that settles it. If you don't have a problem, then nobody else's complaints are valid.

7. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Exactly. Some people are just ignorant.

iOS has hundreds of thousands of variables once you factor in every possible combination of settings, third party applications installed, etc. However it appears that the OP has tested all these combinations and has concluded that there are in fact no battery issues with iOS 5. I guess we were all wrong when we stated that our iOS 5 battery life was significantly worse than with iOS 4. Our bad!

8. NoHo macrumors 6502

Yeah that never happened.

9. Jordan921, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011

Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Lol kinda hard to believe. There's no way in hell you streamed Pandora for an hour and it only went down 1%. Nice try tho.

10. kfergiez macrumors 6502

kfergiez

I don't know.... Mine is a similar case. I've never had a battery problem at all, and I've had similar battery life.

11. BUFFBOY macrumors regular

Haha well said.

My battery life sucks. Specially on holiday and don't fast Internet to update it. Charging it every few hours is not cool.

12. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

13. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

06h18min using it,
    18h34min standby,
    it lasted through an average day and night for me, with still 12% to spare so I can't complain.

Attached Files:

14. Shrink, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

If there were no battery problem (not you, but a bunch of other people) then why did Apple just put out a fix. (See iOS 5.0.1) They did this because it was just an internet story, full of sound and fury - signifying nothing???

No, they put out a fix because there was a problem to fix. But since it didn't exist in your phone - Apple must have screwed up!:rolleyes:

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

[​IMG]

16. orange42 macrumors 6502a

That's very similar to the battery life I've been having.

17. BoxerGT2.5, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You did all this and you have 85% battery left? I get it, it's a bloated internet thing.

18. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You must understand that some forums members exaggerate. You got to take the best and the worst comments and the truth is somewhere in the middle.:eek:

19. BlendedFrog thread starter macrumors regular

Had pandora streaming for a total of 3.5 hours last night. Lost 3% battery on it.

Say what you want but I am quite happy with my battery life. I continue to say that this battery issue is way overblown.

20. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Not even my iPad has that battery life.

21. orange42 macrumors 6502a

That's pretty difficult to believe.

22. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

I've had two iPhone 4s phones and both have demonstrated the exact same battery life... about 7.5 hours of usage (the way I use a phone) and 2 days of standby.

This is from a full wall charge, with no connection of any type made until the battery is drained.

However, I've turned off Siri, location services and most notifications.

But, like I said, great battery life for me.

What blows my mind is the erratic nature of the battery in this phone, two people can use the same exact phone and get two incredibly differing battery experiences out of it.

23. BlendedFrog thread starter macrumors regular

For those that have a hard time with this...I will post screenshots later tonight....about the same time I started this thread. That way it will have been off the charger for about the same amount of time. I will make sure that Pandora has been streaming for 3.5 hours before I post the shots.

24. Dolphinesian macrumors newbie

Apple in their wisdom may use multiple suppliers for various parts of the battery, or the battery itself or any other device anywhere in the phone. I suspect that the layer of arbitration between the different suppliers has a bug leading to an interchangeability issue which I'm hoping can be resolved with a firmware update.

I personally have an iPhone 4 and a 4S and the latter has noticeably poor battery. I've hardly used my phone today at all and it's now (5:37pm) at 20% having been fully charged this morning. My iPhone 4 (which is now my Wife's) used to still have 60-70% left with similar usage and iOS5.

Having moved recently I don't currently have Wifi so I can't update and test the new Firmware.

25. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

The battery, or rather, who made it being the reason doesn't add up, I mean, no rechargeable battery is going to lose that much stored energy just sitting around, that quickly.

I still don't believe it's technically an anomaly, I think the power of this device is simply too much for the battery and depending on how you use it you can kill it very quickly.

Those who experience problems are doing something that differs from those of us who aren't.