4S battery woes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ftlum, Jan 6, 2012.

1. ftlum macrumors regular

Hi All.

At the Apple Forums, there are now 575 pages of posts with people talking about their poor battery life (not including those under different topic headers). I've read all 575 pages and literally tried all the solutions suggested. While my battery life is not as bad as some, it's definitely worse than the 0.5 %/hr on standby that Apple advertises.

Someone posted they'd sign a peition and Apple deleted my reply to them. A peition might not do anything, but it's worth a try, IMHO. Perhaps it will spur them a little to put more resources into the problem. If nothing else, it's a way for those of us who are afffected to vent our frustrations. If you're interested, please go to http://www.change.org/petitions/apple-fix-the-excessive-iphone-4s-battery-drain#

If you're one of the fortunate ones who have great battery life with their 4S, kindly ignore this post (and accept my envy :rolleyes:).

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Apple is already working on it, a petition is kind of pointless.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am interested to see what the are actually "working" on. I remember initially they were working on a software fix with the antenna problem of the 4. Finally, to avoid lawsuites, they gave us free (crappy) bumpers.

4. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

When things dont work you make use of the warranty not start up online petitions.

5. blesio macrumors regular

I don't have any problems :)

WiFi always on, as is BT

[​IMG]
    6h 1minute usage
    1day 15hours standby on one full charge

And it's on a single charge, the key is not to play games as this is the most CPU intensive an drains a lot of power from the battery :) the brightness set on auto and the slider at about 40%

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Instead of the petition, how about telling us what you are expecting from your 4S. What apps are you running, what is your typical day of use.

You know there ARE people who expect the device to run all day with the screen illuminated and CPU running full blast. This is NOT what is considered average use and they IS what Apple had to design this phone for. Apple could have made the phone 1" thick to add more battery but not enough would buy it.